Lost Cake Recipe

I need to find a cake recipe complete with icing. I got it from a friend who moved away and my recipe disappeared (no-she did not take it). The name of the cake is the name of an alcoholic drink although there is no alcohol in it.

It is an easy cake to prepare and when you bake the cake you can spread the cream cheese icing right on it. At least I am 99% sure it is cream cheese. The taste is wonderful and I am waiting for someone to say "I've got it!". Please find it and thank you when you do.

By Bev from Chilliwack, BC

Can you recall the name of the homemade cake, or the name of the alcoholic drink? I don't have much to go on in order to find you the recipe?

Found this here on thrifty, not sure if this is what you are looking for but this is delicious!

Pina Colada Cake

1 2-layer yellow or white cake mix

1 can cream of coconut

1 14-oz. sweetened condensed milk

8 oz. of whipped topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake mix using package instructions. Pour into greased 9x13 inch cake pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until cake is done. Pierce holes in cake with handle of wooden spoon. Pour cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk over cake. Cover with foil while hot. Store in refrigerator. Spread with whipped topping just before serving.

Source: A friend Jane

By Raymonde from North Bay, Ontario

I was going to guess Pina Colada as the drink name just because I have heard of Pina Colada cakes and it seems like a flavor that would go with cream cheese.

Like MCW said it would help to know the drink name or even some ingredients in it.

Maybe look at the list of drink names at the link below and see if any ring a bell.

Could this be it?

2 Margarita Cake Recipes~ Strawberry & Lime

From: recipesfortheseasons.blogspot.com

The following 2 recipes are for Margarita Cake. There is the traditional lime flavor as well

Strawberry Margarita Cake Recipe:

3/4 cup bottled strawberry-flavored nonalcoholic margarita drink mix

1 box white cake mix

egg whites as called for in cake box recipe

Substitute applesauce for vegetable oil in the recipe

1 TBSP grated lime peel

1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed

Fresh strawberries and a thin slice of lime for garnish

Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Very lightly grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.

Add enough water to drink mix to measure 1 1/4 cups. In large bowl, beat cake mix, drink mix, applesauce and egg whites on low speed 2 minutes.Pour into pan.

Bake and cool and directed on box. Gently stir lime peel into whipped topping and then spread over top of cake.

Garnish with strawberries and a twisted slice of lime.Store covered in refrigerator.

Lime Margarita Cake Recipe:

1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed salty pretzels

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted

1 box white cake mix

1 1/4 cups bottled nonalcoholic margarita mix

1/3 cup apple sauce

1 TBSP grated lime peel

3 egg whites

Additional grated lime peel for garnish

Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening and lightly flour In medium bowl, mix pretzels, sugar and butter. Sprinkle pretzel mixture evenly on bottom of pan and press gently. In large bowl, beat cake mix, margarita mix, apple sauce, 1 TBSP lime peel and the egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 more minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.

Pour batter over pretzel mixture. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown and top springs back when touched lightly in center.

Cool completely, about 2 hours. Frost with whipped topping; Sprinkle with additional lime peel. Store covered in refrigerator.

Pina colada cake I use a white cake mix, as box said when it come out, hot poke holes in it and pour cream of coconut over it and then put pineapple on it an cream cheese icing with pecans in it.

The only recipe that comes to my mind would be "3 Milk Cake"; a.k.a.: "Tres Leches". Here is one version: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ ... es-three-milk-cake-recipe/index.html

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesMay 16, 2009
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Welbilt Bread Maker
Finding Welbilt Bread Maker Recipe Books
Iced bundt cake.
7Up Cake Recipes