Make Sure A Gift Of Wine Will Be Appreciated

Neither my husband nor I are wine drinkers, but on 5 different occasions, we've been given bottles of wine, as gifts. Before assuming everyone drinks wine, it's better to ask and make sure. When in doubt, a gift certificate some place would be a better gesture.

By Terri H. from NV

I think the same should be said of candles!

Sometimes people may not be able to afford a generous amount for a gift certificate (especially for couples) and so rather than give one for a small amount they don't bother.

I think it's nice to receive any gift and if it's something I can't use (or don't like), I accept it graciously (not wanting to offend) and pass it on to someone who can use it.

Perhaps you could 'regift' the wine or serve it to guests around holidays/celebrations.

You need a friend/neighbor who loves wine, and who will trade you for something you'd like. People are very practical about gifts these days - we Americans have so much "stuff" that we've got to pass along what we won't enjoy or our houses and garages will overflow!

I agree with JoJo. Just accept the gift graciously and pass to someone that would enjoy it, ( Want my address ? ) If you don't want to drink it, you could always cook with it too.

I also don't drink wine and usually just re-gift it to someone else who does.

AMEN!!- We just moved into a new home and three different neighbors have appeared on our door-step with a bottle of wine. Although the thought and generosity of a welcome gift is very nice, it should not be a bottle of wine.

re-gift it........to my house LOL

I agree. Ditto for sugary carby stuff. Make sure it's appreciated.

Holidays and Parties Gifts AdultsJuly 31, 2007
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎄