Skillet Alternative

I have a recipe that calls for baking a cake in a skillet. I don't have a skillet that I can put in the oven. Can I use a regular cake pan?

Yes, just be and check the last few minutes to make sure it wont burn. Cast iron holds heat a little differently that regular bakeware. Good luck!

What about a iron skillet or even a skillet you have in which you could unscrew the handle from and take off to use in the oven that might work?

Is it possible that your meant to bake your cake on top of the stove? Heavy tri-ply skillets work very well for that.

You could remove the handles (ones with screws in them) from your pans to use in your oven. Then put them back on when finished with it.

Hi Judy, I bake one layer cakes in a frying pan on the stove. Maybe that is what the recipe is asking you to do.

What Judy wants to know is: Can she bake the cake in a regular cake pan instead of a skillet. The simple straightforward answer is "YES!"

Is it the handle melting,you are worried about? Just wrape the handle in foil first.I saw this on many,tv.cooking shows.

Cake Baking Tips And Tricks
Cake Baking Tips And Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsAugust 5, 2008
Skillet Meal
Skillet Dinner Recipes
Chicken Skillet
Chicken Skillet Recipes
Chicken Mexican Skillet
Mexican Skillet Recipes
Two chocolate cake layers in pans on a cooling rack
Preventing Cakes from Sticking to a Cake Pan
🎉
🎄