Binder of Favorite Recipes

I have a bookcase in my dining room filled with cookbooks that I have bought over the years. It is difficult, however, to remember which cookbook my favorite recipes are in. So I created my own cookbook with all my favorites.

I bought small 3-ring binders at an office supply store along with plastic sheet protectors that accept 5.5 x 8.5 inch sheets of paper (the size is exactly half a sheet of regular 8.5x11 paper). I created categories such as appetizers, beverages, etc. and put each acid-free sheet in the protectors. I can now find my favorite recipe in seconds.

Because I enjoy trying new recipes, I now have three volumes of recipes that I have tried and pronounced favorites. I continue to add to the volumes each month. Now, no more spending precious time trying to find a favorite recipe in all those books that I have collected.

To make it easier to see the recipe I am working on, I bought a cheap metal picture stand for about $3. Now my small 3-ring binder cookbooks are propped up on the counter, which makes it easier to follow the recipe.

By onelivewire from Rocky Point, NC

This is a good idea, don't know why I never thought to do something like this to get rid of all my cookbooks from which I only use a few recipes. Thanks.

Wooden Recipes Box
Organizing Recipes
Organizing RecipesMarch 21, 2011
Strawberry Shortcake on White Plate
Strawberry Shortcake Recipes
Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas
Cheese and Chicken Enchilada Recipes
Binder Clip Yarn Bowl
Making a Binder Clip Yarn Bowl
Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
Chicken and Stuffing Casserole Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 22, 2016 at 2:11:10 PM on in 992 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.