Binder of Favorite Recipes

I have a bookcase in my dining room filled with cookbooks that I have bought over the years. It is difficult, however, to remember which cookbook my favorite recipes are in. So I created my own cookbook with all my favorites.

I bought small 3-ring binders at an office supply store along with plastic sheet protectors that accept 5.5 x 8.5 inch sheets of paper (the size is exactly half a sheet of regular 8.5x11 paper). I created categories such as appetizers, beverages, etc. and put each acid-free sheet in the protectors. I can now find my favorite recipe in seconds.

Because I enjoy trying new recipes, I now have three volumes of recipes that I have tried and pronounced favorites. I continue to add to the volumes each month. Now, no more spending precious time trying to find a favorite recipe in all those books that I have collected.

To make it easier to see the recipe I am working on, I bought a cheap metal picture stand for about $3. Now my small 3-ring binder cookbooks are propped up on the counter, which makes it easier to follow the recipe.

By onelivewire from Rocky Point, NC

This is a good idea, don't know why I never thought to do something like this to get rid of all my cookbooks from which I only use a few recipes. Thanks.