Chalk Line for Ants

Ants in your pet's food? Use chalkboard chalk to draw a circle around the dish. The ants won't cross the chalk. This actually works, I have tried it!

By Sandy from Crystal Lake, IL

I once got chalk from Chinatown and it had pictures of ants on the box. It works, but I don't know if it is a special chalk or just plain chalk.

I had used this method to keep ants from the cat bowls for a couple years... and it worked great. Notice the tense in my grammar? Past tense! I don't know what happened but all of a sudden after relying on the chalk method for a long time I started to see ants in the bowls. I now have to keep the bowls on a tray that has water in it, and it has to be enough that the ants would have to 'swim' to get to it (which they won't of course). The whole thing is messy and yucky (especially in the warm weather). So, I wonder what happened? We were doing so well with the chalk line for so long.

I tried this yesterday, and as I was putting the chalk line down the ants were crossing it, going through it, and whatever....it in no way stopped them.

Home and Garden Pest Control AntsJuly 14, 2010
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 6:04:20 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.