Dishwasher Leaks When Draining

My dishwasher drips a little water when it pumps out the water. Is it do to lime or calcium deposits? My repair man just told me to put a tray under it.

By Irmgard from TX

Answers

That was a pretty lame effort by the repair man. My brother in law fixed my machine once as there was leaking, just steady drips, from one of the hose connections under the machine. He disconnected the hose, used a lubricant on the hose (Vaseline), put it back together, and it never leaked again. Perhaps it is a hose connection that has dried out and needs to be re-tightened. Do you have anyone who is handy who can check this out for you?