Dishwasher Leaks When Draining

My dishwasher drips a little water when it pumps out the water. Is it do to lime or calcium deposits? My repair man just told me to put a tray under it.

By Irmgard from TX

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

That was a pretty lame effort by the repair man. My brother in law fixed my machine once as there was leaking, just steady drips, from one of the hose connections under the machine. He disconnected the hose, used a lubricant on the hose (Vaseline), put it back together, and it never leaked again. Perhaps it is a hose connection that has dried out and needs to be re-tightened. Do you have anyone who is handy who can check this out for you?

An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
Home and Garden Repair Appliances DishwasherApril 15, 2011
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher
A dirty roof that has been partially cleaned.
Saving Money on Roof Cleaning
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 4:22:17 PM on 10.0.0.113 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.