Making Oil For Effusion Lamps

I would love to have the recipe so I can make my own effusion oil for my diffuser lamp. The oil is so expensive when you buy it in stores. Does anyone know how to make it? Thanks.

By Jeanie from Mobile, AL

Answers

There is an excellent website for effusion lamps. It not only gives instructions on making your own oil but also care of the lamp, wick, etc. I made some last week and it works wonderfully.

http://christys  usion-lamps.html

Does anyone have a recipe for fragrant infusion fuel? This is a type of a room fragrance that is released into the air using wooden reeds in a glass container that holds the fuel. Thank you.

Mike

Answers:

Answers:

Making Oil For Infusion Lamps

I use 16 ounces of 91% - 99% isopropyl alcohol (sometimes I mix equal amounts of the two different percentages of alcohol, making 95%) and add up to 8 CCs (approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons) of either fragrance oil or essential oil. I use less oil if the fragrance is too strong. I have been using this formula for years without any problems. For really strong fragrance oils (such as "Nagchampa", I will use as little as 3 CCs (approximately 1/2 teaspoon), to 16 ounces of isopropyl alcohol. (06/19/2007)

By Thomas

Making Oil For Infusion Lamps

Go to Walmart in crafts, get 16fl. oz. isopropyl alcohol 91% vol. and they have fragrance oils called Elegant Expressions in 2oz. bottles. Add 1 bottle of fragrance oil to 16oz. of isopropyl alcohol 91%, shake up well and it's ready to use.
(07/01/2008)

By kennetha