Saying Goodbye (Bald Eagle)

Saying good-bye to a good friend

By Debra from Chelan, WA

love to know the story behind the goodbyes? :-) beautiful bird

What do you think will happen to that beautiful bird the first time a strange person is about to receive a goodbye kiss from that eagle. Most likely Blood Sweat and Tears! to one or both. The common person will fear attack. Animal lovers should know better when it comes to wild animals.

Editor's Note: We do not recommend kissing eagles! No doubt this one was hand raised from a hatchling.

Gorgeous bird! I would love to know the story, too!

That's incredible! Kissing a Bald Eagle! Debra, we would love to know about how you came to be close to our great American

symbol! Thanks for sharing! Re-enter this post and share your story!

Jennifer CA

I expected a speck in the sky, what an eyepopping shot!

Are you a wildlife rehabilator? I have a friend who is one. She has helped many bird of prey. The sad thing is that some are shot by ignorant people and they are scarred for life and can never be released in the wild. There are alot of cruel stupid people in this world.

Obviously there is a huge amount of faith and trust between Debra and the eagle, and no unfamiliar stranger is in my opinion going to waltz up and try and kiss the eagle!

Good om you Debra for caring for wildlife.

I just know this had to be a very hard thing for you to do AS it is evident to me that you must have raised this bird from a hatchling...

God put special people like you on this earth to take care of His animals when injured or sick; by this photo you did an excellant job.

Please know that you brought a smile not only to my old face but one also to God's.

I am sure the bird will miss you as much as you miss "it" BUT releasing "it" or "giving "it" back to GOD and HIS skies is the appropiate thing to do as sad as it will be...Just know that you, my friend, have done an outstanding job not only in my eyes but in GOD'S eyes also!

GOD BLESS YOU!

Bald Eagle
Bald Eagle Information and Photos
Photos WildlifeMarch 5, 2008
Couple Going to Prom
Saying Yes to a Prom Invitation
2 women talking on couch
Saying No to a Friend
Lipstick
Removing Lipstick Stains on Fabric
dog laying in grass
Remedies for a Dog With Bald Spots
🎄