Retro Aluminum Tumblers

Does anyone remember the old metal ice trays and the old metal drink tumblers? They gave water such an amazing taste and as a kid I used to drink water constantly. Used to even get in trouble for drinking it out of the ice trays. Does anyone know where I can get some of those metal tumblers? I just don't like to drink water anymore and I know if I had those I'd go back to drinking it all the time.

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

You can get the pitcher and a set of four tumblers from the Miles Kimball catalog. If you don't want to order onlne, request their free catalog.

Just wondering, do you also remember the little cloth "coasters" that went on the tumblers? I was a kid and I thought they were the neatest things I have ever seen, clothes for drinking glasses lol!

ABC distributing and LTD commodities both have the bright colored aluminum tumblers> I believe it is six in the set,but the set is 9.95.I have one set, and plan to buy another

I ordered a set from Miles Kimball and got the terry cloth coasters from them,too. These glasses are almost too cold to hold without them if you are drinking ice water. I agree, water just tastes better in them.

I memory serves me right, I think I have seen them in Kohls. My mom had those aluminum glasses too and you are right, water tasted so much better in them.

I have seen that exact same thing on Ebay. I get most of my long lost favorites from Ebay. And the price is usuall pretty good too.

I don't mean to be negative but aluminum is the most harmful of all to our bodies.

You can also purchased them from The Vermont Country Store www.vermontcountrystore.com

I just spent over a half hour googling about the safety of aluminum tumblers and can not find one single site that says they are unsafe. I truly would like to see a reference link that says anything different than what I found at the government Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry which states the following:

How might I be exposed to aluminum?

Virtually all food, water, air, and soil contain some aluminum.

The average adult in the U.S. eats about 7-9 mg aluminum per day in their food.

Breathing higher levels of aluminum dust in workplace air.

Living in areas where the air is dusty, where aluminum is mined or processed into aluminum metal, near certain hazardous waste sites, or where aluminum is naturally high.

Eating substances containing high levels of aluminum (such as antacids) especially when eating or drinking citrus products at the same time.

Children and adults may be exposed to small amounts of aluminum from vaccinations.

Very little enters your body from aluminum cooking utensils.

Anyway, Cricket, I saw some on Amazon and here's a couple more links that have them, too :-)

http://www.comforthouse.com/tumbler.html

http://www.whateverworks.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=K9383&srccode=NXCKC3

I think pop cans and beer cans are aluminum... must be safe.

Consumer Advice Product FinderOctober 23, 2009
pan lined with foil
Lining a Pan With Aluminum Foil
TV Dinner Tray
Buying TV Dinner Trays
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
🎄
🍂