What Color to Paint Kitchen With Black & White Counter Tops and Red Mahogany Cabinets

I am looking for the perfect color to paint my living room, its a little tricky so I am going to get specific.

I recently purchased a house with kitchen and living room that was divided by a large pantry. After demolishing the pantry to create space for a dining room table I am now left with an open concept room. I love the idea to have a wall that is accented and have already purchased an accent color called "Estate Vineyard" by Behr.

I figured I can make the smaller wall in my living room this color (opposite the kitchen). What color can I use to work with this for the other 3 walls which join both my kitchen and living area?

My kitchen has counter tops that are white with black and gray speckles and I am staining my floors and wood cabinets red mahogany (although I also really like dark Bombay stain as well).

I painted my master bedroom "Prince" by Ralph Lauren paint and have cans left over, would that work for the living room walls with "Estate Vineyard" as the accent? Also my hallway which leads to this room (although divided by french doors) is painted in "Soft Wheat" by Glidden (yes I know, many different brands lol). Will this affect my choice of wall color?

If so can you please suggest a color (preferably beige or neutral) that will draw these colors together. My furniture is in browns and neutrals so they won't affect the choice . Thank you all!

Crystalina

How about taupe(grey/beige)?

I do a lot of decorating for my home and several friends homes. Not knowing the style of your home it is difficult to say.

The red family is a great color. Not Christmas red but perhaps a muted rusty or ruddy red. It goes well with many colors and can be contemporary or country. You could use it with the wheat color you already have and do a two tone color. Lighter on the bottom and darker on the top with a simple chair rail to divide the color. Paint the chair rail the other accent color. You might have very striking results. You can always buy the $5 tiny can to do a swatch test on the area. Wait a couple of days and live with it. You need to see it in all lights. There is nothing worse than painting a room and hating it after a few days. I know first hand!

Oh, no matter what you decide, take a swatch of the paints you already have to make sure they comlpliment each other. Take them outside of the store too.

ok so I changed my ideas and need more guidance... My furniture is all contemporary so I am doing my house design this was as well.. I live in a brownstone in Brooklyn Ny but am making the 100 yr old home modern.

The estate vineyard color I mentioned is now going to be my primary color. My accented wall will be the Prince color I mentioned as well...

so my kitchen will be in the dark burgundi color .. now I have to decide to paint the oak cabinets..

should I stay them the same cherry wood color I am staining my floors??? I wanted to paint them black to keep the modern appeal... but in a brownstone without huge windows i am scared it may be too dark... should I just paint them white like the trim I have???

PLEASE HELP!!

I am looking for something to go with a mahogany floor, and I've seen light brown almost beige and a turquois calm blue color.

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingDecember 7, 2007
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
🎉
🎄