Deborah's Pumpkin Yule Log Tree

It is a mouth watering, oh I want more, log (ergo the tree)

• 3 eggs
  • 2/3 cup pumpkin
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • Ad
  • 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 3/4 cup flour

Filling Ingredients:

• 2 Tbsp. margarine
  • 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
  • 3 tsp. almond extract
  • 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Pudding Frosting:

• large pkg. instant pudding mix (vanilla or chocolate)
  • 1 cup low fat milk
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 (8 oz.) tub whipped topping
  • mint leaf gumdrops (for tree)
  • red berry gumdrops (for tree)
  • dark chocolate for curls (for tree)
  • poppy seeds for knots (for tree)

Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Line a 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 inch jelly roll pan with foil and grease. Mix eggs, pumpkin, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and flour. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.

Remove from oven. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Place towel on top, place another pan on top, and flip over. Some of the powdered sugar will fall from the side, but just sweep it up. Roll it up by the short side and let it sweat for half an hour. The sweating will form the curls

Mix filling ingredients. Unroll cake from towel. Cut in half short side to make two. Spread with filling.

Roll into log and refrigerate. I cover it in plastic and refrigerate it over night. I make 6 logs this way. The next day I either sprinkle powdered sugar on them, frost or freeze.

I mix the instant pudding and low fat milk until it thickens. Fold in the powdered sugar. Fold in the cup of whipped topping. I then put the log in a deep dish and ice it in the dish. I freeze it to give away for Christmas Day.

To serve, set it out on the counter for 10-15 minutes. Then slice. If it is still too frozen, slice on a plate for 10 seconds and enjoy. If this picture turns out you will see a log tree I made for a Christmas Banquet. There remained a small piece left which mysteriously disappeared. Who knows?

You can make 3 cakes out of 1 large can pumpkin. The cakes can then be halved. Then they can be individually packaged or layed out to form a tree as in the picture hopefully it prints. I decorate it with poppy seed knots and mint leaves and berry gummy bears and shaves of dark chocolate. It really is yum.

Do not cook it longer than 15 minutes. The longer is cooks the more it dries out and cracks. If your oven runs hot alter accordingly.

To make chocolate shavings, heat chocolate in the microwave for a little bit., and use your carrot peeler carefully and it will curl the chocolate in great curls.

If you want to make holly leaves, sugar your counter and use your rolling pin rolling them thin then just cut them in holly shapes and place on plate

Servings: 10
Time:3/4-1 Hours Preparation Time
15 Minutes Cooking Time

I'd love to see a picture next time you make one. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Pumpkin Dessert
Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts PastriesDecember 28, 2010
Making a Yule Log
Making a Yule Log
Gas Log Fireplace
Gas Log Tips
Maple Yule Logs
Maple Yule Log Recipes
Pumpkin Custard
Pumpkin Custard Recipes