Creating the Base of My Mohawk

When styling a hair into a mohawk, how wide should the base be? My hair is down to my shoulders, and I've always had a problem with my base width, not to mention trying to keep it up. but I've got the glue thing down now, but the base always looks awkward.

Trishelle from NC

A long mohawk is always going to be a bit ricketty - even with glue. I would recommend a wide base for a long mohawk - 2.5 to 3 inches. And also have the hair that you DO have thinned out so as to minimise weight. Alternatively, have a shorter mohawk. An alternative to glue (if you have it in the US) is Schwartzkopf Laquer - it comes in a black can - we call it "The Black Death" (!!)

I agree with 2.5 - 3 inches for that size, you can always cut it a little bigger to see how it looks because you can always go back and trim a little more off.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingJune 19, 2006
Man With Spiked Mohawk in a Suit and Tie
Spiking a Mohawk
broth based mushroom soup
Mushroom Soup Recipes
Creating a Simple Website for a Business, Website URL on a computer screen.
Creating a Simple Website for a Business
Man with a mohawk.
Sleeping With a Mohawk Haircut
🎉
🎄