Rubber Bands for Gripping Jar Lids

Single people, elderly, and disabled need not fear jars and bottles again. Also great for gripping doorknobs.

Wrap one or more rubber bands around the cap. Wrap one or more rubber bands around the bulk of the product. This provides a gripping surface which provides the torque you need. I save rubber bands from produce and elsewhere so this is free or, even if dollar store, very low cost.

I save all rubber bands on the back of a convenient doorknob, like a kitchen cabinet.

By officergrammy from Upstate New York

Excellent tip! I get free rubber bands around my Talking Books. This gives me a whole new use for them!

I learned this trick last summer in the UK. Trying to get a water bottle open had eluded several of us when I asked a tour guide if he could open it and he failed a very nice girl overheard us and pulled a rubber band off her purse and explained how to wrap it around the cap and it would make it easier to twist off. sure enough worked like magic! She says she keeps one with her always for that purpose. I do now too.

Uses for Rubber Bands
Uses for Rubber Bands
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsFebruary 25, 2010
Jar Lids
Uses for Jar Lids
Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
Plastic Lid Man
Crafts Using Plastic Lids
beaded lid
Crafts Using Jar Lids
🎉
🎄