Check for Food Allergies If Your Pet Has Itchy Skin

If your pet has allergies and you find him/her scratching and licking and having "hot spots" remove one item at a time from their diet for at least 3 weeks. If that doesn't work, remove another and another until you find it. It took me almost a year to learn my Bichon was allergic to rice. Now we eat holistic food and we're happy campers. Can you tell how much Marley loves to play now?

By Lynne from Sharon, Wisconsin

I found a dog that looks almost exactly like yours. Can't find an owner. Had her for six moths and about a month after I had her she started itching constantly, chews herself raw even right after a bath. I feel so bad for her. She is dreading her hair and she smells now. Please tell me what kind of dog you have and what your feeding her.

Anonymous

Oh, I understand what you are going through, it does drive you nuts seeing your dog go through this. So, here is my suggestion. I hope it works for you like it did for me. Please follow the steps:

1: thoroughly brush your dog (s) fur daily. To loosen up dead skin cells.

2. Cut your dog's fur shorter than usual this will help promote healthier skin cells that will come through within a week. The new skin will come through, as it comes through the old skin will fall out.

3: wash your dog with oatmeal shampoo for sensitive skin. Twice.

4: thoroughly rinse the fir with Luke warm water , and apply coconut oil two-three drops on the palm of your hands and messaging into the for all over the fir, stomach, head, behind the ears, all over, the legs, foot pads, and between the toes.

5: DO NOT BLOW DRY THE FUR, SIMPLY TAKE A CLEAN DRY BATH TOWEL AND HAND SET THE FUR GENTLY. WHEN SLIGHTLY DAMPED DRIED, GENTLY COMB THE FUR, TO REMOVE ANY EXCESS SKIN, AND FUR.

EVETY DAY, BRUSH FOWARD AND BACKWARDS YOUR DOGS' FUR EVERY DAY. WITHIN A FEW WEEKS, YOUR DOGS' SKIN WILL SHOW IMPROVEMENTS. BATHE YOUR DOG TWO TIMES A WEEK FOR SIX WEEKS. I GUARANTEE YOU WILL SEE IMPROVEMENTS. THERE WILL BE A NEW PUPPY SOON.

WARNING PLEASE DO NOT USE EBSOM SALT. READ THE SIDE EFFECTS ON THE CONTAINER.