Fish Grease Stain on Tennis Shoes

By chimere 1

How do you get a fish grease stain out of a pair of Nike Air Max Skyline shoes? They are metallic silver/black and grey. My husband just bought these shoes. I asked him to pour out some old fish grease and he got it on the front of the shoes. Hope you can help me.

Chimere from Oklahoma City, OK

Showing: Answers Sort

By lavonneann 6 214 Flag

You can use Talcum powder or even baby powder and brush it in. Brush off. Repeat this until gone. I once got TAR out of a new carpet doing this though it took quite a time.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kim Churchman 3 1,277 Flag

If it's a grease, it needs a degreaser. I suggest Dawn detergent or similar, put drops on the spots and wait a few minutes. If this doesn't rinse them out, then I would immerse the shoes toe down in a bucket of hot water with plenty of degreasing detergent. Another good degreaser is 409, I rely on it for grease.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:18:43 AM on 10.0.0.168 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.