Fish Grease Stain on Tennis Shoes

How do you get a fish grease stain out of a pair of Nike Air Max Skyline shoes? They are metallic silver/black and grey. My husband just bought these shoes. I asked him to pour out some old fish grease and he got it on the front of the shoes. Hope you can help me.

Chimere from Oklahoma City, OK

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You can use Talcum powder or even baby powder and brush it in. Brush off. Repeat this until gone. I once got TAR out of a new carpet doing this though it took quite a time.

If it's a grease, it needs a degreaser. I suggest Dawn detergent or similar, put drops on the spots and wait a few minutes. If this doesn't rinse them out, then I would immerse the shoes toe down in a bucket of hot water with plenty of degreasing detergent. Another good degreaser is 409, I rely on it for grease.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMarch 6, 2009
Old Tennis Shoes
Uses for Old Tennis Shoes
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 4:39:26 PM on 10.0.0.74 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.