Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Hanging Cafe Curtains With Clip Rings

I am trying to make cafe curtains with drapery ring clips but am unsure how far apart to clip the rings. I need to purchase the rings now, since they are on clearance, and have not made the curtains. How far apart should I clip the rings on cafe curtains made using drapery fabric with a lining so they will hang nicely?

New Girl from Houston, TX

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By painterjayne [2]03/25/2008

When I did this with lace I put them about 3 inches apart...but as another response here said, it will depend on the weight of your fabric. Once you decide how many you need, get one package extra. (heck, they are on clearance, right?)

By Jana [7]03/21/2008

Also, depending on the size of your windows, you can use pretty towels or dishtowels and use the clip hooks. I have a small window in my kitchen, and used cute dishtowels as curtains; I've received lots of compliments on them.

By Cyinda [214]03/20/2008

The heaver the curtains, the more pull, if your curtains are floor-length, lined & made from heavy material your rings should be closer together, if your fabric is light or transparent & short, rings could be further apart. I'd say ABOUT 4 to 6 apart inches would be my guess. But, it all depends on the look you're going for! Do you want the top to drape down as part of the look? Probably not, but you get the picture... If you're in doubt look at store bought curtains with rings or tabs at the top & see where they put them, but I like the post by "MCW"... Buy the rings FIRST, the measure LATER! ... But, just to give you an idea of how many packages to buy, look at store bought curtains with tab-tops at Walmart, Target or somewhere...

By Marjorie C. Woodworth [82]03/20/2008

My thought is to measure the width of your cafe curtain and divide it by the number of drapery ring clips. And this should give you the distance between each ring.