Hanging Cafe Curtains With Clip Rings

I am trying to make cafe curtains with drapery ring clips but am unsure how far apart to clip the rings. I need to purchase the rings now, since they are on clearance, and have not made the curtains. How far apart should I clip the rings on cafe curtains made using drapery fabric with a lining so they will hang nicely?

New Girl from Houston, TX

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

My thought is to measure the width of your cafe curtain and divide it by the number of drapery ring clips. And this should give you the distance between each ring.

The heaver the curtains, the more pull, if your curtains are floor-length, lined & made from heavy material your rings should be closer together, if your fabric is light or transparent & short, rings could be further apart. I'd say ABOUT 4 to 6 apart inches would be my guess. But, it all depends on the look you're going for! Do you want the top to drape down as part of the look? Probably not, but you get the picture... If you're in doubt look at store bought curtains with rings or tabs at the top & see where they put them, but I like the post by "MCW"... Buy the rings FIRST, the measure LATER! ... But, just to give you an idea of how many packages to buy, look at store bought curtains with tab-tops at Walmart, Target or somewhere...

Also, depending on the size of your windows, you can use pretty towels or dishtowels and use the clip hooks. I have a small window in my kitchen, and used cute dishtowels as curtains; I've received lots of compliments on them.

When I did this with lace I put them about 3 inches apart...but as another response here said, it will depend on the weight of your fabric. Once you decide how many you need, get one package extra. (heck, they are on clearance, right?)

Answer

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsMarch 20, 2008
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
Shower Curtain
Reinforcing Shower Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 27, 2016 at 8:16:39 AM on 10.0.2.197 in 712 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.