Where Can I Get a Coon Cat?

Does anyone know where to find a coon cat?

Sheila from IA

I am sure the breed of cat you are looking for is The Maine Coon Cat. Any good breeder can get you a purebred one or if preferred look up the characteristics of the breed online and look for a shelter cat that has most or all of them.

You can get a cat that is mostly Maine Coon from a rescue/shelter for the breed. I went to a breeder that I thought was reputable, but my cat had a serious mouth problem (he had to have his teeth removed) and it was very expensive, on top of what I spent on the cat. I love him dearly and would have paid anything to keep him well. My point is only that you really need to check into the breeder you choose. If they are not CURRENTLY showing any of their cats, there's probably a reason.

We got ours from a shelter and I know some other folks who did the same. Beansy is a good boy most of the time.