Getting Rid of Skunks

I am looking for ways to keep skunks away. I saw someone suggest using coffee grounds, but how do you use them? What are the bowls of vinegar used for?

Tena from Clovis, CA

I know of a product called Shake Away Small Animal Repellant Granules, although we have never used it. Its active ingredient is 1% garlic oil and 99% calcium carbonate(baking soda) and Urea (animal urine) and water. This product is available online for 20 oz. is $17.99. But, what I would do is go to a Rural king store and buy Fox Urine. I know it sounds crazy, but it is what we used to get rid of our groundhog in one of our outbuildings. It was literally busting the concrete up inside the building as it burrowed! I took the nasty smelling stuff and put it on cotton balls and put them inside of a knee hi pantyhose. I put this in the hole where we figured he was or had been. No more groundhog. This costs about $7. Animals are afraid of predators. So, he supposedly thinks there is a fox around, so he leaves. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

I was at a friend's house and skunks were digging holes in her front lawn. We used grounds from her morning coffee and spread them where they were digging. It did the trick. It's cheap and worked. Good luck! Flo