Home Remedy for Skin Tags

How can I remove skin tags at home?

By Darci from Chicago, IL

Best Answer

Dr. Oz says one of two ways.

First, make a loose knot in dental floss, then tie around the skin tag as tight as you can, then do another knot. Trim the ends and leave it there. They will drop off, but as you wear clothes, keep a bandaid over them. Sometimes they bleed.

The other is to use wart remover. He likes the kind that freezes them off, so I hope these help.

Other doc's say to always have them removed by a doctor but of course, they want your money.

Best Answer

How about using cuticle cutters instead? They have a straight edge. I think I would try the dental floss first though.

Best Answer

I have removed several from myself and others. You can place an ice cube on it for about three minutes to kind of numb the area but it doesn't hurt very much if you don't numb it. I have used cuticle scissors and a fillet knife and regular scissors. I have not tried the floss, but it will definitely work but you must get the knot against the skin at the base of the tag. I apply antibiotic salve and a Bandaid for a day or two. The thought is worse than the removal!

Best Answer

Duct tape. Smother them.

The skin specialist told me that I could remove them with fingernail clippers. I haven't tried that yet. I am afraid because of that curve on the clippers. I might cut my skin. Maybe a man's razor. Ladies if you don't agree, be kind. TIA (thanks in advance.)

My mother told me to use dental floss and that would just pop them off, I tried that and it did hurt a little and also didn't work. Someone else told me to put Vitamin E oil on them and they would gradually disappear. I've been doing that and mine have shrunk. I just can't always remember to do it and depending on what I'm wearing, I don't want it all over my tops and/or dresses. Plus, it doesn't hurt and the Vitamin E is about $7 a bottle and I've had mine for awhile. Hope this helps. The skin tags are annoying to have.

Use a toe nailclipper as they curve differently.

I hate those ugly suckers.

The dental floss trick worked perfectly for me and my daughter and was not painful. Just remember to use the cheap dollar store kind and not the tape-like floss. I tied a tight knot on the skin tag and covered it with a bandage. It dried up and fell off in a little over a week.

bandaid covering a skin tag
Remedies for Skin Tags
Health & Beauty Home RemediesMay 12, 2011
tagless t-shirt
Removing Printed Clothing Labels
Reindeer and Snowman Gift Tags
Making Reindeer and Snowman Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
🎉
🎄