Cleaning Fake Plants

I am looking for tips for cleaning fake plants.

Thanks,
Debbie

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

spray a little WD-40 on a rag and rub the leaves!

They have cleaner that you spray on found in the craft section at Walmart.

I have big tree type plants that I take outside and hose off.

Ferns and flowers, I spray them with water in the kitchen sink.

Have never had a problem.

I think the cans of spray cleaner you find in craft sections are a waste of money!

Floral arrangements I turn on their side & spray them in the sink also.

I've hosed fake plants outside & allowed them to dry in the sun, and rinsed large fake potted trees in the walk-in shower or bath-tub shower. Wipe the leaves w/ a washcloth & shampoo if rinsing isn't enough, then give it a final rinse. For a nice shine on the leaves WD-40 might be good. Wonder if that would attract more dust & make future cleaning more difficult?

I have been a floral designer in the past and we used spray cleaners and stuff, but I just take my plants outside, hose 'em off with a hard spray, let them dry upside down in the sun and they are just fine. I wouldn't do that with very expensive silks with hand-wrapped stems, tho.

I put them in a sink of water to that I add cascade and let them soak for 10 minutes or so. Swishing them around. Lots of suds will not hurt even the very expensive plants. Let the water drain and then fill up the sink wit just water and rinse. May take a couple of times . Works like a charm every time.

I put them in a sink of water to that I add cascade and let them soak for 10 minutes ot so. Swishing them around. Lots of suds will not hurt even the very expensive plants. Let the water drain and then fill up the sink wit just water and rinse. May take a couple of times . Works like a charm . every time

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousAugust 20, 2007
Faux Fingernails
Using Faux Fingernails
Faux bundt cake
Making Fake Food
Fake Logs
Making Fake Logs
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 24, 2017 at 7:14:19 PM on 10.0.2.92 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.