Starting Trumpet Vines After Winter

I was advised to bring my trumpet vines inside for the winter as we live in a very cold climate. I had them in pots so this was no problem. I let them dry out and have cut them back. Will they grow back now that I have started watering them? And also the seeds, can they be planted in starter pots and should they be soaked first?

Thanks

I was able to start trumpet vines from seeds someone had given to me. I live in zone 5 which gets very cold in the winter. So I also brought mine indoors and left them in the garage to dry out over the winter. I merely planted them in the ground and they grew back ok. However, the one I gave to my daughter who lives in zone 7 seems to be doing better than mine. Of course, she waters hers, and I dont water mine.

You wont know until you try it. Go for it. You dont have anything to lose.

I leave my vine out on the balcony all winter long and every year it looks as if it has died. Then, magically in spring it starts greening in. What I do to get new plants is to put small pots of cuttings around the base of my vine. Then before long, seeds have dropped and a new plant begins. I have done this for several years and now all my friends have a vine of their own. lisingreece

We are in zone 7. We have had ours in the ground from day one; the trunk is rather large now. We trim the top which is dead wood and new vines come back each year. They are pretty plants but are quite messy next to patio, dropping flowers. We have lots of humming birds also bees & ants. When you have a trumpet vine, they have a tendency to have new plants springing up in the grass, a distance from the main plant!