Donate Extra Cards to Schools

I found a way to help my school, recycle, and make a child smile. I received a box full of old Christmas cards. Since most of them had been written on, I decided to fold them in half and glue them down. I passed them on to the librarian at the school where I work. Since they are in different sizes, the kids love them from kindergarten to 5th grade. I can also do this with old greeting cards for other holidays.

By Jetruth from Waterloo, IA

December 1, 2010 Flag

Have leftover holiday cards (Valentines, Christmas, birthday, etc.)? Don't throw them away, ask your local school if they want them. They can use them in the lower grades to make great "cards" for mom and dad for future holidays and you'll recycle too!

By Debradj from Illinois

Donate Extra Cards To Schools

I bet some of the assisted living facilities could use them, too. (03/04/2008)

By Maryeileen

Greeting Cards
Donating Old Greeting Cards
Parenting Grade Schooler Crafts/ActivitiesDecember 1, 2010
Framed Business Card
Other Uses for Business Cards
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards