Keep Your Polymer Clay Extruder Clean

I love polymer clay and extruding it like a little bitty cookie press. But I've never loved cleaning the "barrel" where the clay roll is loaded. No problem now! I just give a quick spray of Armour interior car cleaner to give the inside of the barrel a beautiful coating of "surfactant" or a "release agent".

When you've run the clay through, just take 1/2 paper towel, pull it through the extruder and any little bits of clay are caught. Now you clean the disc, of course, too. Then from extruding black clay - you're ready for white clay - and it won't be gray!

Source: I just made this up after I was told by another clay addict that she used the Armour product as a mold release.

By Barbara C. from Wickliffe, OH

Polymer Clay Extruder
Cleaning a Polymer Clay Extruder
Crafts AdviceApril 8, 2009
Clay Bead Bracelet
Clay Jewelry Making Tips
Papier Mache Clay
Papier Mache Clay Recipe
Clay Octopus Craft
Polymer Clay Crafts
Making Sand Clay
Making Sand Clay