Flying Bugs on Miniature Rose Bush

I have a miniature rose bush with flying bugs everywhere. I have it isolated in the bathroom and have been spraying it with soapy water. Any suggestions on killing the flying bugs?

Kathy from Bel Air, MD

Are they perhaps in the soil? I would move it to a new pot and new soil, and gently wash the plant with a mild dish soap & water. Any idea on what the bugs are??

I am not sure what part of the country you are in, but we live in Illinois and we had a lot of trouble this summer with bugs on our rose bushes. Come to find out, they were Japanese Beetles. The bush looked dead for awhile, but it did snap out of it, and we have beautiful roses now. Good luck!

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlOctober 30, 2008
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants