Another Snoopy Kid Tip

I don't know if this would work on all kids, but it has really worked on mine. I flat out and out told them where the presents where. I also told them that looking was their choice but if they did, it would ruin the surprise, ruin their Christmas, and steal from my husband (their father) and I as we would not get to see their excitement. They have yet to look.

I've done this for as long as I can remember and the kids are all teens now.

Blessings and Merry Christmas!

By Angie from Waco, Texas

Sounds like some really good kids there! I wonder if it would work for my kids - some of them are real handfuls!

Angie, what a smart Mom you are. After all, life is all about choices and you've given them an early start on that lesson. I love it!!!

My mother always did that too. And we never looked. What would the fun in that be?!

I always told my kids if they ever disturbed their gifts, they would not get them. It was okay if they found them, just don't try to unwrap them.

My kids never believed Santa Claus was real because that's what we taught them. We did pretend that he did exist -- it was a game we played and they enjoyed it just like any other neighborhood kids.

I was brought up that Christmas was about the birth of Jesus Christ. We celebrated his birth, it wasn't about getting presents, it was about giving presents. We weren't an overly religious family, we just celebrated by giving not getting. Of course, we did get presents from others but we always appreciated any gift we received.

I have two small children and i just tell them that Santa brings the presents for us to wrap and if they find them he will come back for them. Also,we have told them that when they stop believing in Santa then he will stop bringing them presents.... ( same thing as the tooth fairy)it is a great way to keep them from looking for their presents.

LOL I do this too. But instead of telling my kids that they will ruin Christmas I tell them that if I see them looking in the cupboard any present that was going to be theirs will go to their sibling. The thought of losing a pressie is bad enough but the thought that it is going to go a sibling drives them crazy.

When my 2 children were small I would place all their presents in several large garbage bags......and put them in the cellar. The kids thought they were trash and never touched them!

I bet anything this idea would work...or if they tried it once, they would never do it again. I know this since once year I snooped so much that I knew EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY PRESENTS including the one santa got for me.... it ruined that christmas and I have NEVER EVER EVER snooped again......ughs.....

=] Ash

I don't have kids of my own, but once I grew up and learned the truth about Santa, my mom revealed to me that my parents used to actually hide the presents on the top shelf of our bedroom closets. The old "hidden in plain sight" worked every time!

Holidays and Parties Christmas ParentingDecember 13, 2005
Two girls eating pizza.
Kid Friendly Recipes
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
Kids Craft Using Cardboard Boxes
Kid Craft Ideas Using Cardboard Boxes
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
🎄