Scarves Made on Knifty Knitter Curl Inward

Why do my scarfs curl inward on the sides with the Knifty Knitter?

By Linda from Albany, NY

I've had them do that too. What I did was get them wet and flatten them out to dry. That didn't work on one so I got it damp then put a towel over it and ironed over the towel to dry it. I didn't want to directly iron the yarn (made that mistake before too!) and it flattened it out just fine. It happens worse with some older yarn I used, but it may just be some kinda law of yarn physics, haha, it's annoying though. Good luck!

If you work on something that is round, the edges will turn out curled. Dorinmoz has the right idea. Sometimes, you can simply flattern the work on an ironing board and lay a towel and books on it for a couple of days.

Blocking, the way she described, is good for squares, too!

I make scarves all the time on the KK loom, but I have to make 2 purl stitches on the edge each knitted row. See youtube about purl stitches, they seem hard at first, but are easy once you do a bunch of them! The purl also works for keeping hat brims from rolling. If you don't make a brim on them K2P2 for 5-6 rows and it makes a scalloped edge on the hat! Hope this helps!

I am a member of Knifty Knitter Looms, a yahoo group. The group has great advice, patterns and links to tutorials. It's www.kniftyknitterlooms@yahoogroups.com. Someone is always willing to answer a question and help out. I'm a newbie, so it helps me a lot.

Lots of things that are hand knitted need to be blocked to the correct shape and size, and to flatten them. Wet the item, but not dripping wet. Place a towel on top of a table or spare bed, lay the item on the towel and shape it the way you want it. Use rust-proof safety pins, straight pins or T-pins to pin the item to the towel and leave it undisturbed until the item dries completely.

Crafts KnittingNovember 7, 2010
Recycle Sweaters into Scarves
Recycling Sweaters into Scarves
Pillows covered with scarves.
Craft Uses for Old Scarves
Finding Knifty Knitter Patterns
Finding Knifty Knitter Patterns
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 11:45:59 AM on 10.0.0.159 in 998 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.