Styling Strawberry Blonde Hair

I'm going into high school and I want my hair to be different but funky and good looking. I have strawberry blonde hair and I want to know what color of low lights or unnatural color (like pink, purple, etc.) would be compatible with my hair color. I don't want to damage my hair, and I don't want to continually die my hair because of roots. Is there a type of dye that lasts for quite a while but fades evenly?

Cortley from Pendleton, OR

Strawberry blonde is such a beautiful color I don't know why you want to mess with it, but if you must: maybe a golden beige or amber for lowlights? As for an unnatural color, maybe a turquoise or lime green? Take it from someone who's been dyeing her hair or 19 years now: there is no dye that lasts a long time or fades evenly. Once you start dyeing roots become a fact of life. When I was in high school a lot of girls streaked their hair with Kool-Aid or Pixie Sticks. I think they made the hair wet, sprinkled on a little of the powder, then combed it in. It didn't last long, of course, but if you don't like it you can wash it right out. Why don't you start with something like that?

Or you could just get the colored hairsprays you can buy at a beauty supply store, like Sally's - Those wash right out!

What the girls in my daughters high school like to do is dye the underside of their hair. They get blue, purple or green (with your hair color I would do magenta!) and just do the underside, you can still see it, especially if you put your hair in a pony tail, etc, but when your hair is down it can be as noticable as you want it to be.

If you want one that fades, you can get the SEMI permanent ones at any department store or grocery store (Walmart / Kmart have large selections sorted by strength). I've used 'em a coupla times & my mom has too. You can get the ones that wash out after 6-12 shampoos or 12-26 shampoos, etc. & they're super easy--just apply, wait & rinse/shampoo off & you're done!

Caution with the Kool-Aid! My daughter is also entering high school, and loves the hair-spray dyes that wash out. We did Kool-Aid once, though, and it was more or less PERMANENT. The tint could be distinguished until the hair finally grew out! If you want to use Kool-Aid, mix it with conditioner to make a paste; there are directions at http://www.wikihow.com/Dye-Your-Hair-Using-Kool-Aid . DON'T just sprinkle it on, or your color will be very splotchy and weird-looking.

Do consider all your activities before dying your hair an unnatural color. My daughter performs with a regional chorus, that doesn't allow members to have unusual hair colors. She loves her chorus more than the occasional bright hair, so she sticks with the sprays that wash out quickly.

Well, for starters, I've been dying my hair for only 4 years. But I can remember the first time I tried it. I too had strawberry blond. It is quite a beautiful color, but once I dyed it, my original color never came back.

So just a warning.

Henna - not the black since it has other stuff mixed in. but the other colors fade out nicely, not completely though. however, it won't damage your natural hair color/highlights so when your hair grows out again it should be back to what you have now. the smell can be weird tho, i recommend adding a little cinnamon powder or something else, other wise your hair will smell like the henna when wet. its a little tricky to work with kinda like mud, but it conditions rather than damaging.

I have strawberry blond hair and I constantly worry about what colors clash with it, and how I can make it fit in with everyone else's hair but sill make it stand out and more noticible than anyone else's hair. I would just remember all the compliments you usually recieve about your natural strawberry blond hair, and look around and notice all the people (jealous of your natural beauty) that are trying to die their hair the exact color as yours, but never quite achieve you originality.

I have strawberry blond hair too, here is some personal advice which you should take on board. My hairdresser tells me she would never let me die my hair because I would never get it back to this original color, which I suppose is true.

Make sure you are totally sure about dying it first. Maybe go into a costume shop and try on different wigs.

Okay,yeee loveyou'ox, ashley louise ;)

I have long hair and I'm thinking of going short. What should I do?

Guys, I am with u guys. my hair is naturaly straberry blonde. Plus, it's long. Ladies, it looks fine whatever style it is. It looks good the same length in the back, no layers, but in the front, have it feathered. It looks really good curled. Panteen is the best conditionar and shampoo. Don't overwash. Wash every 2-3 days. Your hair starts to look really bad if you overwash or underwash. Don't put heat products on your hair everyday. You don/'t want to do that. And if you want to put streaks in you hair, don't let them start at the root. Start about 1-2 inches from your scalp so your color stays. If you use these guidlines, trust me, your hair will look fab every time.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringAugust 26, 2007
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman with Short Hair Style
Choosing a Short Hair Style
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄