White Streaks on Bathroom Mirror

I have a friend that has a huge mirror above her bathroom sinks. There are streaks of some sort on this mirror that will not be cleaned off. She said she has tried everything, but nothing will remove these streaks. What could this be from and how might they be removed? These streaks are white and very noticeable. They start at the top of the mirror and run down in streaks in different places. They can be wiped off, but come back just like some kind of a haze. Thanks.

By Shedra from UC, TN

Use vinegar and water solution to wash and use old newspaper instead of paper towels to dry. This works great on windows, too.

Hello Shedra!

I had a problem similar to this very recently, however it was of my own doing. (WD-40 is NOT good on mirrors no matter what anyone tells you!)

Long story short, I had a huge mess and poured a little vinegar on a paper towel and now my bathroom mirror is frighteningly clean. Newspaper could work too, but this is definitely a job for vinegar.

I have trouble getting windows clean. I tried hand sanitizer. I wet a paper towel and put a few squirts on towel and wipe on window, then while still wet (not to wet) I use a dry paper towel to dry. its the best thing to clean windows I have found, and economical to. Burn

I had a similiar problem as this with a new mirror I had installed. It happened to be glue residue on the mirror. I was told to spray the mirror with Windex and use a razor blade (like the kind you can buy for scraping paint off small areas - the blade lifts up and out) to scrape the mirror. I was amazed. The residue came right off. The mirror needs to be wet to avoid the razor from scratching the mirror.

Rubbing alcohol worked for me when nothing else did.

My Mom and Grandma use a glass cleaner called Sparkle--it's in a purple bottle. I'm not sure where you are, but I know they have it at Meijer or Menards, good luck!

Hard water gets on our mirror an windows. We have to buy a $20 of commercial grade cleaner for it. NO home remedy will take it off. We tried everything. An nothing even tried to take it off. The windows get so bad that a razor blade doesn't so anything to it

Cleaning Mirrors
Cleaning Mirrors
Home and Garden Cleaning GlassApril 14, 2009
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
A woman putting on sunscreen.
Fixing Streaks From Sunless Tanner
Note Written on Mirror
Using Your Bathroom Mirror for Reminders