Leather Furniture Cleaner Recipes

Leather furniture is big investment and needs to be cleaned properly. This page contains recipes for leather furniture cleaners.

Man's hands cleaning a leather couch.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

December 11, 2007 Flag

I FINALLY got a new sofa and its leather. With 4 kids I hope I will be glad that we got leather. I need suggestions on how to care for and clean the sofa. I like to clean my home using baking soda, vinegar, and lemon juice so I would rather not use the leather cleaners that are on the market if possible. Thanks.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thanks for the info but my concern is not saving money on the cleaners. I just really worry about exposing my family to unnecessary chemicals. I'll check out the website you listed to read about their products.

Homemade cleaners for leather can sometimes ruin leather. Go to an Auto Store. They have leather cleaners and conditions for leather car seats at reasonable prices. Be sure it for leather and not vinyl. They should work on furniture as well.

So much hype and paranoia posted here!

Leather is wonderful and I have several chairs and a couch that I have cleaned for over 20+ years with a simple solution of ......

1 tablespoon Murphy's oil soap diluted with 1 qt water.

Nothing magical or expensive. But it does the job without drying out the leather or costing you buko bucks$$

AND yes they all survived kids, popcorn movie nights, animals and pretty much anything else a family can dish out.

The premade stuff is outrageously expensive and not any better.

We have used a bar of ivory soap & water. Any cleaning you do on leather will eventually take away the top layer. Leather is supposed to be "worn" - that's different than dirty, obviously.

Read More Answers...

February 21, 2005 Flag

Recipes for leather cleaners. Post your ideas.

I'm wondering if this formula will work on leather coats and jackets also??

Goop waterless hand cleaner. I have used this for about 15 years now, I have used it on coats, chairs, all of the horse tack, saddles, bridles, halters, shoes, car dashs. You just put it on rub it in and let it sit for a few min, rub with a clean towel, you may need to get a new towel when that one gets yucky after its off take a clean towel and buff a little. The goop is .98 cents at Wal-Mart or Checker auto.

I used Goop on my leather sofa and it came so clean. I'm going to keep a jar of Goop for cleaning my leather furniture.

I tried Mr.Clean Magic Eraser and it does work; however, it would be too expensive for an entire sofa. All the other uses listed on the packaging work like magic.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Furniture CleanersOctober 17, 2011
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Leather Furniture
Removing Water Marks on Leather Furniture
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 2:33:02 AM on 10.0.1.132 in 829 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.