Leather Furniture Cleaner Recipes

Leather furniture is big investment and needs to be cleaned properly. This page contains recipes for leather furniture cleaners.

December 11, 2007 Flag

I FINALLY got a new sofa and its leather. With 4 kids I hope I will be glad that we got leather. I need suggestions on how to care for and clean the sofa. I like to clean my home using baking soda, vinegar, and lemon juice so I would rather not use the leather cleaners that are on the market if possible. Thanks.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Do you have a recipe for homemade leather furniture cleaner? The item is a sofa. It has an smell to it that is not offensive but maybe just old and used. I would like to clean and condition the sofa using ordinary products, not a leather cleaning kit for $80. Thanks for your help.

Shirley from Leesburg, VA

RE: Homemade Leather Furniture Cleaner

Absolutely the best product on the market for most leather furniture is at this link NO BULL!

And it is NOT $80 You can get an 8 oz bottle of the cleaner and an 8 oz bottle of the high quality treatment for a combined total of $24.95 MUST SEE

http://www.mobileleatherservice.com/NOBULL.html (03/15/2007)

By MR. Leather Helper

Thanks for the info but my concern is not saving money on the cleaners. I just really worry about exposing my family to unnecessary chemicals. I'll check out the website you listed to read about their products.

Homemade cleaners for leather can sometimes ruin leather. Go to an Auto Store. They have leather cleaners and conditions for leather car seats at reasonable prices. Be sure it for leather and not vinyl. They should work on furniture as well.

So much hype and paranoia posted here!

Leather is wonderful and I have several chairs and a couch that I have cleaned for over 20+ years with a simple solution of ......

1 tablespoon Murphy's oil soap diluted with 1 qt water.

Nothing magical or expensive. But it does the job without drying out the leather or costing you buko bucks$$

AND yes they all survived kids, popcorn movie nights, animals and pretty much anything else a family can dish out.

The premade stuff is outrageously expensive and not any better.

February 21, 2005 Flag

Recipes for leather cleaners. Post your ideas.

If you need to wash leather furniture, combine 1/4 cup vodka, 1/4 cup distilled vinegar, and 3-4 drops of jojoba or olive oil in a container. Pour mixture onto a soft rag and rub into leather. Do not rinse.

By Brenda Cole

Editor's Note: Warning - As with any cleaner homemade or store bought, test in an out of the way first to see how it reacts with your furniture before applying to the whole piece.

I'm wondering if this formula will work on leather coats and jackets also??

Goop waterless hand cleaner. I have used this for about 15 years now, I have used it on coats, chairs, all of the horse tack, saddles, bridles, halters, shoes, car dashs. You just put it on rub it in and let it sit for a few min, rub with a clean towel, you may need to get a new towel when that one gets yucky after its off take a clean towel and buff a little. The goop is .98 cents at Wal-Mart or Checker auto.

I used Goop on my leather sofa and it came so clean. I'm going to keep a jar of Goop for cleaning my leather furniture.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Furniture CleanersOctober 17, 2011
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Leather Furniture
Removing Water Marks on Leather Furniture
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather