Henry (Basset/Pointer)

Henry is 8 and is a Basset/Pointer mix. We had lost our Chihuahua to heart failure, and I was just looking at adoption sites, pining for my "Razz". I saw Henry's pic on find a pet; I thought it was cute the way they described him (mom was a basset, dad was a traveling salesman), and he was a little funny-looking, a freckled basset. Bf wanted to go look at him, and we wound up adopting him Dec '05

He's all hound, so it's either nose straight to the ground and track, or do his best to grab at the squirrels in the yard..He's also a major lover of car rides, and hasn't met an "indestructible" toy he can't destroy, yet!

My bf bought a toy poodle for me as a Valentine's gift 1 1/2 yrs ago. We were kind of worried about him taking to her, since he's on the jealous side. We brought this puff of fur in, introduced them, and within half an hour she was climbing all over him, him with a look like "the things I put with" on his face. She bonded with him, now she thinks she's a hound, lol When she goes outside, she runs to get him, like he has to go with her. You can also set your clock by Henry, if he's outside; He howls with the noon and 6pm whistle, which Buffy the poodle tries to do, too, sometimes. Poodles are NOT meant to howl LOL

By Joy from Dexter, IA

Henry (Basset/Pointer)

He is sooooo darn precious.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Henry is so cute! I love the story of him and his "baby". She obviously thinks that Henry is hot stuff and she wants to be just like him! I'm so glad that they get along together and that you adopted Henry. As far as I'm concerned, mixed breeds make better pets. I have a dachshund/beagle female and a golden retriever/? male and I love them dearly. Both of them came from the local humane society. Missy is 14 years old (I got her when she was 12) and Goldy is approximately 2 years old. Thanks for sharing Henry and his baby with us and God bless you.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Very cute dog & very cute story.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

What a very beautiful boy - and how lovely to have a forever friend for him to love. Must be a happy home with that pair around.

Regards, Leah from Down Under

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Oh gosh! How darn cute are your babies!!! They both found just the right mommy! Blessings to you all.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Bassett Hound Mix
Basset Hound Mix Photos
Photos Pets DogsNovember 21, 2008
German Shorthair Pointer
German Shorthair Pointer Breed Information and Photos
Basset Hound
Basset Hound Breed Information and Photos
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 7:26:08 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.