Low Carb Low Protein Powder for Breakfast Shakes

What is a good low carb, low sugar protein powder to make breakfast shakes with?

GenSoy is good... I used it for my husband to regain strength after a long siege of illness and trips to the hospital. I used yogurt, fresh or frozen fruit, milk and the gensoy powder. The only problem with soy protein is that you aren't supposed to drink it if you take thyroid medication. I bought it at Kroger's for a long time and they stopped selling it and I had to order it online from The Vitamin Shoppe. They have a lot of supplements. You will need to use a blender to keep it from tasting powdery.

Being a RNY patient I know about this! My most favorite one, after many trials was the one you can buy at Costco. Now I rarely do protein drinks anymore, I know it's been a while because I have a big round tub and it's in a bag now. It's a chocolate flavor and really good.

Here is my recipe.

1 Scoop of protein powder

1 Tbsp of flaxseed Meal (already ground for you)

1/2 - 1 cup Plain yogurt (be careful, some plain have a lot of ADDED sugar, in addition to the natural milk sugars)

1 cup of Soy milk (I use unsweetened Trader Joe's soy milk, also have other brands Silk I think that is unsweetened)

1/2 - 1 cup frozen fruit (usually blueberries for their anti oxidants and good whirl-a-bility in the blender.

Maybe a little crushed ice.

Whirl until smooth, you'll see parts of the blueberry/fruit skins and some flax seed.

It's HIGH in protein, low in added sugar and tastes awesome! I fought the baby I took care of and my daughter for it when I made it!

Hope that helps!

I am a GBP patient too, and having tried lots of pro pwders-I also like the EAS powder from Costco. I use the vanilla and add fresh or frozen unsweetened berries, or make it with coffee (leftover from the day before).

If you would like a breakfast drink that will give you energy and help you lose weight please contact me. Jpcasino17@aol.com

Protein Powder
Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages ShakesOctober 13, 2007
Low Carb Pizza
Low Carb Pizza Recipes
High Protein Bread Recipes
High Protein Bread Recipes
Low Carb, High Protein and High Fiber
Low Carb, High Protein and High Fiber Recipes
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder