Feces Stains on Underwear

My mother soiled her pajama bottoms. They are made of brushed cotton and I have used the product "Vanish" on the stain and washed them twice, but the stain is still there.

By Kate from Somerset, UK

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Get a plastic bucket, add two scoops of Oxiclean and fill it with hot water (enough to cover the garments to be soaked) and put the garments in there and let them soak for a few days. It doesn't matter if the water gets cold as long as you start with hot. When you take them out if the stain is still there gently rub them together. Check them every couple of days until the stain is gone. Test the fabric Oxi doesn't usually fade fabric but it does occasionally on some reds or dark colors. I have been able to get out just about anything the kids can get on their clothes with this method. Hope it works!

Bleach is the best thing. Most people do not realize that most anything can be bleached, white or not. You just have to use tiny amounts of bleach with solid colors, etc. For example, one cap of bleach to a gallon of water and let it soak only for 30 minutes. Feces has a sort of "rust" element to it, a rust remover might also work. Another thing to try: wet the spot and put some "Comet" on the spot, wet it thoroughly, making a paste and then rub it together cloth or cloth, rub vigorously and for a good while. If you get some of it or most of it out, you know you are on the right track and may need to repeat the process. Also, you might try a pet stain remover from pet store supply.

Oh, I just realized you may not have "Comet" in the UK, well, I mean a white scouring powder, like you use to clean sink stains.

As with blood stains, feces stains need to be washed as soon as possible with cold water and detergent. If allowed to set, or if washed with hot water the stains will set and be harder to get out. I would do this by hand, and rub briskly. This will usually work.

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsSeptember 8, 2010
Underwear on Clothes Line
Removing Stains on Underwear
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
A pile of women's underwear.
Organizing Your Underwear Drawer
An organized underwear drawer.
Organizing Underwear
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 6:32:57 PM on 10.0.1.185 in 632 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.