Storing Camping Coolers

Before storing your coolers between camping trips, wash, dry completely and fill with crumpled newspapers. This will eliminate musty odors and mildew. It also works for your camper refrigerators and iceboxes.

By Harlean from Arkansas

my Husband and I keep a Cooler in the back of each vehicle,so that when we go to the store for milk /Ice cream/meats etc that needs to be kept cold ,will stay much cooler than just sitting in the car.I freeze a half gallon of water in a wax milk carton and put it in the cooler then we can also have water if the need arises.

I haven't tried the newspaper but when our coolers or thermal jugs won't be used for a while, I sprinkle some baking soda inside of them.

We put some dry coffee grounds in a small paper bag, close it tight so they don't spill out and put it in our coolers and also in the extra fridge turned on for holidays or large parties.

I had also put crumpled newspaper in one of my stored coolers. I left it there and put our extra ice which was all in a plastic bag, (to add to the meat cooler as needed) on top of it. It kept the ice insulated until needed and then I put the crumpled papers under the garbage can liner to stay dry for fire starters. When particularly hot outside I buy 5 pounds of dry ice for the bottom of the meat cooler. I also freeze my own ice "blocks" in cake pans. They are flat enough to fit right in the bottom of coolers. Muffin tins make large ice "cubes" for mugs also. We are avid campers and have it down to a science! Enjoying the other ideas as well. Thanks

storing camping equipment
Storing Camping Equipment
Travel and Recreation TravelJune 30, 2006
Children Laughing in Campground
Camping with Children
Cleaning a Tent, Tent in wet conditions
Cleaning a Tent
Mom and 3 girls Camping in the Rain
Camping in the Rain
Styrofoam Cooler
Uses for Styrofoam Coolers
🎉
🎄