Repairing the Burners on a Gas Stove

I have a four-burner gas stove. However, only the two left burners work. What steps should I take to fix this? Thanks so much!

By Nancy from Salem, MA

I'm not sure it's wise to do this on your own as gas is involved, but the easiest thing would be to give the gas ring a good wash and scrub as dirt and debris may be clogging things. My stovetop has removable burners, don't know if yours is the same. It might be time to invest in a new stove if yours is old, or call a repairman if you think it pays to keep it.

It could be something as simple as the pilot(s) going out on those two burners. I used to have a gas stove that the slightest extra breeze blew the pilots out. Make sure you don't smell gas buildup before doing this:

Light a long match (or strand of long dry spaghetti), turn one burner on and immediately light where the gas comes from with the match flame then repeat with other burner. Turn both back off and turn on again to see if they restart on their own. If that doesn't work you could call the manufacturer of the stove for more trouble shooting advice.

Re: Repairing the Burners on a Gas Stove. I truly want to thank you for your suggestions! I'll try them.

~Nancy

Gas Stove Burner
Repairing Gas Stove Burners
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ranges & OvensJuly 25, 2011
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Electric Stove Burner
Electric Stove Burners Not Working
Blue flame on gas stove burner
Cleaning the Burners on a Gas Stove
Cleaning Electric Stove Burners
Cleaning Electric Stove Burners
🎉
🎄