Freezing for the Soup Pot

Steak, roast and poultry bones can all be frozen until needed for soup stock. You can always have instant soup stock if you pour pan juice into ice cube trays and freeze after they set up you can neatly store them in plastic ziplocs.

If you don't have time to skim the fat off of your soup, wrap ice in paper toweling and skim over the top the Ice will collect the globules for you.

By Ronda F. from Wichita, KS

I also freeze any leftover veggies that aren't enough for another meal - if I have a tablespoon of green beans, a teaspoon of carrots it goes into my soup jug in the freezer. When it's full I thaw it, add a quart of tomato juice and voila - homemade soup. You can add beef, chicken or just keep it veggie soup.

Right, Curvedbar, and if I drain canned vegetables before cooking, the juice goes into a plastic container that I keep in the freezer just for that purpose.

Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceMay 1, 2009
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants