Sneezing Cat

I have a cat who sneezes and when he does he has boogers that come out. What can I do for him?

By Chen from DE

Is this a new thing, or has your cat been doing it for a while? Either way, I'd suggest you take him in to the vet. I've had cats for maybe 25 years, and I've never had one sneeze boogers.

Additionally, someone in one of the archived posts below said she had good results when she changed her cat's food. That sounds like a reasonable thing to try, too. Just do it gradually, so you don't give him an upset tummy. Best of luck. I hope your kitty's sneezing and boogers are all cleared up soon!

I'm not sure about cats, but I have a dog who had a similar thing and the vet said that things shouldn't come out of their noses or get "the sniffles" like humans do. I would take your cat to the vet as soon as you can to see what the cause is.

Hello, I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years. Please take your baby to his Dr. ASAP, this could be an upper respiratory infection.

March 22, 2010 Flag

I have a 6 year old cat and I have been taking him to vet's off and on for years trying to figure out how to get him to stop sneezing. They have given him pills, squirt meds, shots, and many other things. No one knows what it is or how to fix it. They have said multiple things were wrong so we would try the meds and no change.

I am wondering if anyone else has had a cat do this, and if they have had it fixed. I wouldn't mind the sneezing, but big boogers come out, it is so icky. He still plays, eats, goes potty, and sleeps fine. He gets his shots, he is inside only, and he is neutered.

Thanks.
Jen

Answers:

Sneezing Cat

I have a cat that sneezed occasionally with stuff that came out of its nose. It had Feline Leukemia. It is highly contagious to other cats, must be kept inside away from all other cats, and have its own litter box,

Sneezing Cat

I was just in this situation. My cat Tiffany was constantly sneezing and stuffy. We could hear her enter the room and we have kitty boogers on our windows and walls. She was treated several times for sinus infections and it only helped for a week or two. They ran a bunch if tests on her (including Leukemia) and they were all negative. She can't travel without losing control of her digestive system (due to past experiences) so I didn't want to take her to the vet anymore since it wasn't doing any good.

Well I was going to try to get antihistamines for her and I decided to try two things first. I got pine litter and organic food. (Goodlife Recipe). The litter didn't help at all, but when I started the new food after a few weeks I noticed you can no longer hear her enter the room. I am so happy and she is feeling so much better. I call it miracle food. (09/16/2007)

Sneezing Cat

I have the same problem with my 4 year old kitty. They have told me it is "chronic feline sinusitis", if your cat does a lot of sneezing with yucky snot too. Chances are its the same thing. I have been told that there is no cure just possibly some remedies to suppress the sneezing (including feline acupuncture very expensive though). If you find any help please pass on info. (08/31/2008)

By pookie

Close up of a white cat's nose.
Treating a Sneezing Cat
Pets CatsMarch 22, 2010
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Rabbit That is About to Sneeze
Treating a Sneezing Rabbit
🎉
🎄