Browning Ground Beef

Biscuit Cutter

When fixing casseroles, taco filling, sauces or anything requiring cooked ground beef, use an old fashioned biscuit cutter to mince the beef while it's browning. This prevents lumps.

By Sandra

Pastry Blender

I use my pie crust maker with the four metal pieces on the bottom to take the lumps out of hamburger. Really good for chili and sauce.

By Gen

Use Vinegar

If you pour in a couple of tablespoons of white vinegar, the meat will crumble easier.

By Suzi Homemaker

Use A Fork

I just mash it with a fork while it's cooking.

By Jannie

Rinse After Cooking To Remove Grease

I use the potato masher. Works well. I also add about 3/4 cup water to the pan, and pour off the grease with the water when the meat is cooked. Pour through a colander into a bowl, and then rinse the cooked meat with hot water while still in the colander/bowl. This removes most of the grease. Drain and use the meat. I pour the greasy water in an out-of-the- way corner of my yard.

By Jean

Pouring ground beef into a taco.

I add in about 4 Tablespoons of plain tap water to my ground beef after it has just started to warm up and can be stirred eaisly in the pan. Remove from the heat for a moment while you stir it all together. When it is well mixed and uniform in consistincy, (kind of mushy), I put it back on the heat and brown, stirring often. The meat comes out very fine. This is great when making tacos and homemade hot dog chili.

I use my potato masher to break up the ground beef. It does a great job and is easy to use. It breaks up larger amounts at a time, saving you time and energy too.

$10 Dinners: Soft Tacos, Browning Ground Beef, Hamburger
Cooking Ground Beef
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatMarch 6, 2007
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Removing Fat from Ground Beef
Removing Fat from Ground Beef
A frying pan of browned ground beef.
Browning Meat
Cooking Ground Beef in a Crockpot
Cooking Ground Beef in a Crockpot