What Should I Name My Dog?

What should I name my dog?

Mikayla from Houston, US

give us more info, what kind of dog, how old, what color etc.

If you want to call him"Unknown" You can use "Uno" as his nickname.

Wiggles

If it has spots you could name it Freckles. A cute girl's dog name is Cupcake. There's always your standard Princess, Duke, Max, or Lady. If he's regal and proud you could name him Caesar. If she's blonde or white you could name her Daisy. If you like motorcycles name it Harley.

Don't forget to tell us what name you ultimately choose.

Cookie. It is the only thing my dog will come running to! Her real name is Ruby Jewell, aka Ruby J, Pork Chop (she has a weight issue), Scrappy-doo & Boo Boo, all names that she chooses to ignore. But, I yell COOKIE and she will come a-runnin' (hence, the weight issue, if I say Cookie I have to give a Cookie). I always thought it would be funny to name a HUGE dog like a great dane or a mastiff, Kitty. You would holler, "here Kitty, Kitty," and this monster of a dog would come running!" I know, I have a weird sense of humor. My last dog I should have named Hoover or Kirby because she constantly ate things off the floor! I think that a name will just pop into your head eventually and you will just know it is the right one.

How about something to do with your town like my dog Webster from North Webster, IN or a name you really like such as my first dog's name Danny or just a cute little name like Scooter or my friends dog named Madonna ... Have fun and have a great life with your doggie!! Mitzi

Picking a name for a dog is worse than picking out a name for a child!! I like to give my dogs people names, seems more personal to me.

Their names are: Kendall (f) Ty (m) Kayla (f) and than there's my husbands dog Lakota (f) named for the Lakota Tribe in where else? the Dakota's :)

We had a dog named 'Arf Arf' when I was little. It took us kids awhile to agree on a name that meanwhile we called him Arf and it stuck !

It would be helpful to know what kind of dog it is. I have 4 Yorkies. Their names are Casey, Corona, Taz (because he always carries something in his mouth), Bailey. I've had Snuggles, Holly (Christmas puppy), & Patches. I love Dakota but my son wants to name his child that if he has a boy. Good Luck. I agree....it is difficult to name a new puppy.

Minnie, Midge, Vic, Josephine, or Addy.

We have a pitbull named Roxxy a beagle named Ranger and a cat named sugar cause she is white as sugar

Kitty

I love people names for dogs. My dog's name is Dylan, one of the most popular boys' names these days. (Actually he is named for the singer Bob Dylan.) My last dog was named Maxine. If you encounter other people with the same name, don't worry. I consider it a compliment that my dog's name is the same as theirs, as I love my dog so much and he's part of the family. Sometimes as old fashioned name that is hardly used anymore is fun for a dog too.

Go with his personality and looks. I adopted a dog named Charlie, and he looks like the dog Charlie from "All Dogs Go to Heaven" (but is a big dork!) We kept the name because he is so sweet and silly! I had a cat that the previous owners' named Cleopatra, but with her broken tail and the fact she was born in mexico, I changed her name to Lupe, which suited her even better (though some people called her Loopy because she had NO coordination!) Just go with your instincts on this!

Girl with Puppy
Choosing a Name for Your Dog
Pets DogsNovember 14, 2006
Living room with nice interior design.
Name Ideas for Interior Design Businesses
Home Decor Shop
Name Ideas for a Home Decor Shop
Young Boy at Daycare
Name Ideas for a Childcare Business
Choosing Baby Names
Choosing a Baby Name
🎉
🎄