Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

I need instructions for making a blanket with the Knifty Knitter long looms.

By Liz from Cambridge, OH

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By rose [6]01/26/2011

I always go to youtube. Mickey is fantastic with loom knitting, on all different looms, he crochets also. Good luck.

By Patricia Eldridge01/24/2011

Here is a link to a pattern for 44" x 70" afghan. It requires the 28" long loom that has 84 pegs:
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kb-afghan.html?r=1

Here are questions related to Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter.

Question: Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

I am making blankets using panels made on my Knifty Knitter, but am not sure how to stitch together the panels to make a large blanket. Can someone help me please?

By Sherryl

Most Recent Answer

By Kathy [3]03/05/2012

I'd whipstitch, or slipstitch it together.

Question: Making a Baby Blanket on a Knifty Knitter Loom

I am looking to learn how to make a baby blanket with my Knifty Knitter loom. Can someone help?

By Lisa from PA

Most Recent Answer

By Patricia Eldridge12/28/2011

Here is a link to a pattern for a baby blanket using a knifty knitter. You can find more patterns in the archives on this site:
http://www.provocraft.com/projects/ ... knitter&dsp=project&idnum=40

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

How do I make a blanket with the yellow Knifty Knitter? If I do this like I read and I hem, it still curls up. How do I fix that?

Jeannie from Morthport, Alabama

RE: Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

I've not used the Knifty Knitters yet but I do use knitting machines and all the finished work has to be blocked to flatten the edges. You have to pin the item to a blocking board (fancy name for a foam covered board) in the shape it is to be finished. Do this while the item is wet and let it dry pinned in place or use a steamer to set the stitches. If you don't have a blocking board you can lay it on a sheet on a bed and pin through the layers and steam it there. I wouldn't lay a wet item on a bed that way unless you're pretty sure it will dry quickly. (11/09/2006)

By carla bledsoe

The blanket will always curl up. To prevent this, I crochet at least four inches on all sides. I use the shell stitch and this makes the edging look very elegant and lacy. (04/01/2008)

By Carolyn

Looking for a blanket pattern using the Knifty Knitter long loom.

Diane from Plover, WI

I love making different things with my Knifty Knitter. I would just start knitting with it, and if you want to add a color, tie the new color on. I have never used a pattern for anything I make. I've done hats, scarves, baby blankets and lap blankets. (08/21/2008)

By Coll

I've made baby blankets on the knifty knitter with no curling. All you do is make the first three rows garter (knit one row purl one row then knit the last). Then on all the rest, make the beginning of the rows first 3 stitches, k1, p1, k1. This gives you a border around the blanket and it won't curl. I have also made these blankets with a crocheted scalloped edge. There are many yahoo groups for the KK, give them a try. Mari P.S. Please excuse the photography. (08/21/2008)

By mfgershman

It is really hard and frustrating at the beginning, but after a while, you start to get a hang of it and actually enjoy doing it! (11/26/2008)

By Maria

I want to make a blanket. Which Knifty Knitter do I get?

By Taber from Baytown, TX

I used the largest oval one that I had to make a blanket. (03/14/2010)

By Coll3