Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

I need instructions for making a blanket with the Knifty Knitter long looms.

By Liz from Cambridge, OH

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Here is a link to a pattern for 44" x 70" afghan. It requires the 28" long loom that has 84 pegs:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kb-afghan.html?r=1

I always go to youtube. Mickey is fantastic with loom knitting, on all different looms, he crochets also. Good luck.

Answer

I am making blankets using panels made on my Knifty Knitter, but am not sure how to stitch together the panels to make a large blanket. Can someone help me please?

By Sherryl

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'd whipstitch, or slipstitch it together.

I am looking to learn how to make a baby blanket with my Knifty Knitter loom. Can someone help?

By Lisa from PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is a link to a pattern for a baby blanket using a knifty knitter. You can find more patterns in the archives on this site:

http://www.provocraft.com/projects/ ... knitter&dsp=project&idnum=40

I want to make a blanket. Which Knifty Knitter do I get?

By Taber from Baytown, TX

Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

I used the largest oval one that I had to make a blanket. (03/14/2010)

By Coll3

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Looking for a blanket pattern using the Knifty Knitter long loom.

Diane from Plover, WI

Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

I love making different things with my Knifty Knitter. I would just start knitting with it, and if you want to add a color, tie the new color on. I have never used a pattern for anything I make. I've done hats, scarves, baby blankets and lap blankets. (08/21/2008)

By Coll

Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

I've made baby blankets on the knifty knitter with no curling. All you do is make the first three rows garter (knit one row purl one row then knit the last). Then on all the rest, make the beginning of the rows first 3 stitches, k1, p1, k1. This gives you a border around the blanket and it won't curl. I have also made these blankets with a crocheted scalloped edge. There are many yahoo groups for the KK, give them a try. Mari
P.S. Please excuse the photography. (08/21/2008)

By mfgershman

RE: Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

It is really hard and frustrating at the beginning, but after a while, you start to get a hang of it and actually enjoy doing it! (11/26/2008)

By Maria

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I make a blanket with the yellow Knifty Knitter? If I do this like I read and I hem, it still curls up. How do I fix that?

Jeannie from Morthport, Alabama

Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

I've not used the Knifty Knitters yet but I do use knitting machines and all the finished work has to be blocked to flatten the edges. You have to pin the item to a blocking board (fancy name for a foam covered board) in the shape it is to be finished. Do this while the item is wet and let it dry pinned in place or use a steamer to set the stitches. If you don't have a blocking board you can lay it on a sheet on a bed and pin through the layers and steam it there. I wouldn't lay a wet item on a bed that way unless you're pretty sure it will dry quickly. (11/09/2006)

By carla bledsoe

Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter

The blanket will always curl up. To prevent this, I crochet at least four inches on all sides. I use the shell stitch and this makes the edging look very elegant and lacy. (04/01/2008)

By Carolyn

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
long loom
Using a Knifty Knitter Long Loom
Crafts KnittingJanuary 23, 2011
Knifty Knitter Loom
Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter
Finding Knifty Knitter Patterns
Finding Knifty Knitter Patterns
Knifty Knitters
Making a Pot Holder With a Knifty Knitter
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 5, 2016 at 12:04:45 PM on 10.0.2.226 in 589 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.