Grilled Citrus Cod, Halibut or Tilapia

Healthy, quick and easy :-)

• 1 lb cod, halibut or tilapia filets
  • 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
  • 2 lemons, quartered (or 6 Tbsp. concentrate)
  • Ad
  • 2 limes, quartered (or 4 Tbsp. concentrate)
  • fresh chives, chopped, if desired

Directions:

Heat grill to medium-high.

Squeeze lemon and lime juice in to a small bowl. Add garlic and whisk.

Pour part of the mixture in to an aluminum foil boat. Add the fish and pour the rest of the liquid over the fish, top with chives if desired, wrap foil and close loosely.

Grill for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

I'm always looking for ways to take away the fishy taste of fish. This sounds like it will do the trick. I will be trying it soon.

I did your recipe over the weekend and I'm wondering if you can help me with what went wrong. My fish was swimming in the citrus juices and the Tilapia was, well, lip puckering.

Do you normally use the lemons and limes rather than the concentrate? I didn't use the concentrate, just the actual fruit. Do you think there is too much juice when squeezing the fruit as opposed to concentrate? Maybe Tilapia is too thin of a fish?

I was very disappointed in the way I did them.

srainey, Not sure why I didn't receive a notification that you commented last month but see it now so will answer your questions. Sorry you were disappointed but we do all have different taste buds so if it is too lip puckering for you then simply eliminate the lime and substitute with more lemon. I've made this recipe with both fresh squeezed and concentrate and have also made it via grill and baking with all three suggested fish. Yes, Tilapia is a more thin cut but it's still 1 lb. I am not sure why your 1 lb of Tilapia were 'swimming' in just 2/3 of a cup of juice and why it would be a bad thing anyway since it's not the cooking juices you're putting on your plate (unless you drizzle the extra juice over rice like I sometimes do). If that's an issue for you simply reduce the juices by half. Hope you give it another try adjusted to your liking. :-)

Food and Recipes Recipes FishAugust 12, 2009
Baked Cod
Baked Cod Recipes
Raw Cod
Recipes Using Cod
slicing onions
Grilled Onion Recipes
🎉
🎄