Do Dogs in Heat Gain Weight?

By rob 3

I have a Staff cross Pitbull and she has come on heat; I am wondering if they gain a little bit o weight when they come on? She has got a little bit of a pot belly on her. I know she's not pregnant, because she is on and bleeding everywere. Can any one help? Please.

By Rob from England

Showing: Answers Sort

By Judi 18 938 Flag

Not unless you increase her feed or decrease her exercise, just like at any other time.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lisa 2 656 Flag

Rob,

Is this the same dog you want to get ripped?

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf73026961.tip.html

You seem to have a lot of questions about the health of your dog, and her "pot belly." You should consult with her vet. And while you're at it, I recommend you get her fixed -- it's much healthier for her in the long-run.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

thr522587 Flag

I am not sure what your obsession is about 'being ripped' when it comes to a pooch (I didn't leave a comment on that one when I read it a few days ago) but perhaps, since this is your second request about pudginess and not saying the dog was a female in the first request, you should simply ask a vet? Oh, and how many humans, especially females, do you know that are 'ripped' and without extra body fat content? It's normal and necessary for female health! Since it turns out your dog is a female don't you think that perhaps it might be nature like a female human and naturally needs a little more padding?

And speaking of padding, since you mention she is bleeding everywhere, maybe you should put a doggie diaper pad on her and change it regularly until she's out of heat?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Pets Dogs AdviceFebruary 19, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
A woman trying to choose between an apple or a cupcake.
Dieting Tips and Tricks
A skinny dog eating.
Helping a Dog Gain Weight
Skinny German Shepherd Laying Down
Skinny German Shepherd
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 5:03:38 PM on 10.0.1.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings