Using Laundry Tablets When Traveling

I recently read on a web site about taking laundry tablets with you on a vacation in case you have to wash some things. They are easy to carry and cheaper than buying the little boxes offered at "washing" places, however, I cannot find laundry tablets! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
B. Wilson from Martinsburg

Now and then they come back in style and are available for awhile. They were available about three years ago but I haven't seen them recently.

What I do is prepackage the detergent I'll need in single-use quantities in inexpensive zipper sandwich bags. You can also fold up several dryer sheets and put them in another sandwich bag.

THEY ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I CONTACTED THE COMPANY BECAUSE I WANTED TO SEND SOME TO MY SON STATIONED IN IRAQ AND WAS TOLD THEY WEREN'T A BIG ENOUGH SELLER SO THEY WERE PULLED AND WILL NO LONGE BE MADE

You can purchase small "travel size" bottles of liquid laundry detergent. I've seen these at places like Wal-Mart. College students also use these, they're not heavy to carry, as they're in smaller bottles than the average shopper might purchase on a regular basis.

Also, if you're going to be doing hand washing in the sink, you can use hair shampoo instead of regular laundry detergent. You'd have shampoo on hand anyway, so you might not even have to purchase laundry soap.

All in the mini bottle works great (and has perfume dye free); When our family had to live in a motel during a fire, I used baby wash and hospital shampoo to clean out clothes. Got EVERYTHING OUT! My little one was two months old, so I mean all fluids/solids! Or just follow Katie A.'s suggestion, that is real good.

We do what Katie does when we go on vacation. Put one scoop of laundry powder in a ziplock and take fabric softener sheets in a ziplock too. It works and is convenient.

Sure they are being made -- just not here in USA....

Tablets are the dominant form of detergent in England, it is hard to find powder or liquid there.

latest rage is anhydrous liquid in a single-use, water-soluble (polyvinyl alcohol) pouch

I know this is an old thread, but I just found it.

As noted in the thread, laundry tablets are easily available in the UK, so I did a search and found some sites online that will ship worldwide.

http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/Persil.html

Scroll down to the Persil Gel Tabs

http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/britishfood.asp?id=SGN0706usa

http://www.abitofhome.ca/page/C1/PROD/7042503

Just do a search for Persil Tablets and browse the results.

Can also see the product info at www.persil.com

You can get laundry tablets here: http://kruggeneral.mychoices.biz

just do a search on laundry tablets

Try the website britishdelights.com. They are US based and have laundry tablets.

Travel and Recreation TravelMarch 28, 2006
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry
Woman With Allergies
Traveling with Allergies
Denture Tablet
Cleaning Uses for Denture Tablets
🎄