Crocheted Snowflake

Another of the original 9 or so I am submitting this week. Again, I used a sisle type yarn for a country effect. You can use a thread crochet pattern and it will come out bigger, but that will be the only difference.

My pattern was just the first 3 rows of a nice little doily I found.
My motto is Keep It Simple Sandi!!

This yarn was thick, but if you want a nice bigger size, you can use a double strand with a size "N" hook.

Chain 6 and join for a circle. Chain 8 (more if you want it bigger), and join in the same circle. Make another four of those.

To make sure your last "loop" is at the top, chain 4 and make a treble crochet (2 times around the hook instead of once for a double), and your loops top will be on top instead of at the bottom with the others.

Chain 4, join the top of the first loop, chain 3 and hook in that same loop, chain 3 again and hook in that loop again. Chain 4 and keep going till you have a "tricot" on the top of each of the 6 loops.
Cut and fasten.

I cool glued rafia bows I had made ahead of time with a button on the bow's center.

You can decorate as you like.

By Sandra from Salem, OR

What is cool glue?

I like this. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay. My move and computer upgrade kept me off line for a couple of weeks!

Hot glue guns come in three styles...hot glue only...low temp (cool glue) or the big one that comes with either.

Most pourous things don't need something that hot, and I got a horrific burn once that was 2nd degree and warn everyont that they can get a nice result with just the low temp or cool glue.

Good luck!