Buying Kraft Roka Blue Cheese Spread

Category Shopping
This well loved spread has been discontinued by Kraft and can no longer be found in store but you can still find it sometimes online. This guide is about buying Kraft Roka Blue cheese spread.

Looking for Kraft Roca Blue Cheese for your holiday cheese dip? It's coming back this year (2010). Kraft has decided to start remaking the spread, because the complaints from customers were too many not to respond to. It should be back on the shelves this holiday season. Better grab a few extra jars just in case. Melt your cheese ball dip mixture in au gratin potatoes - delicious!

Source: Kraft sales person

By Sci-Fi Cafe Editor's Note: As far as we know, this popular spread has been discontinued for good. Any bottles now in circulation were probably manufactured before 2011.

Top Comment

Kraft will supply you with a recipe to combine ingredients that will taste similar to the Roka blue cheese spread you should give their customer service a call

What stores carry Kraft Roka Blue Cheese Spread? I cannot find it in the Tucson area.

By S. E. Nadeau

Best Answer

When I searched online, all I found in reference to availability, was that it was a 'seasonal' item in 2010. Maybe you can find a similar recipe to make something similar.

Best of luck to you. I hate it when favorite food items are no longer available!

Anonymous

Kraft has permanently discontinued Roka Blue but you're in luck because I found the recipe from Kraft Kitchen themselves about a month ago and they swear this is the perfect substitute recipe for their original! I tried it and they are not fibbing ;-) This recipe equals two of the original 5 ounce jars.

8 oz cream cheese, softened

1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled

Water for thinning, if desired

Mix the cream cheese and blue cheese until well blended; add 1 tablespoon at a time of water (up to 5 tablespoons) for a thinner consistency if desired.

*NOTE: For a tangier flavor add 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar.

Thanks to Deeli for the recipe. After thinking about this product, I decided I had to have it, now we can give it a try. Thanks again!

I am trying to find the product of Roka Blue Cheese in a jar. I also see a recipe for making it. Once it is made, and unopenned can I send it in a gift package? Thank you so much for you help,

Anonymous

Where can I send away to order this cheese spread in the 5 oz juice glass?

By George

Best Answer

I just purchased two fresh jars on eBay. Arrive today, wonderful. They will not make it till Christmas. On my way to order 2 more.

I believe it's in stores. I like the pimiento spread in the little juice glass and seems I've seen the one you like. Why don't you send an email to Kraft and ask how you can obtain it.

Where can I find Kraft roka blue cheese spread in a 30 mile radius of zip 11209?

By Linda

Best Answer

Where can I buy Roka Blue in Fountain Hills, Arizona?

By Kitty

Best Answer

Bashas has it. I just bought 3 jars from the Bashas at Gray Hawk in N. Scottsdale.

Where can I buy Kraft Roka in Atlanta?

By Therese

Best Answer

When I lived in Metro-Atlanta I found Kraft Roka dressing (it's the best!) on the condiments aisle in both Kroger and Publix.

I left the area in 2010, though, and I had noticed Kroger seemed to be moving towards stocking their brands of everything-for example, Campbell's Vegetable Beef soup disappeared and Kroger's was in place. So Kroger may not be carrying the Kraft dressings anymore. It's worth a telephone call to check.

Publix should still be carrying it-my son lives in south east AL and buys it there all the time. Again, a telephone call will save you the trip in case ATL area Publix don't carry it.

You can ask the manager of either store to stock it for you; if you are a regular shopper in a grocery the managers usually will order in at least a case for regular customers-you can buy the case, or just one and the manager will shelf the item to see if there is anymore interest before ordering more.

Also, you can find all of your favourite products online at Amazon. Now that I live in the UK I buy some 'can't-do-without' American favs online. They cost a little more than I paid in the States but oh wow, nothing from the UK compares to KC BBQ sauces!

Where can I find Kraft Roka Blue cheese spread in Chino, California?

By Janie

Anonymous
Best Answer

Kraft has permanently discontinued Roka Blue but you're in luck because I found the recipe from Kraft Kitchen themselves a few weeks ago and they swear this is the perfect substitute recipe for their original! I tried it and they are not fibbing ;-) This recipe equals two of the original 5 ounce jars.

8 oz cream cheese, softened

1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled

Water for thinning, if desired

*Note: For a tangier flavor add 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar

Where can Roka Bleu Cheese be found in or near Avon Lake, Ohio?

By Kathlee from Avon Lake, OH

Anonymous
Best Answer

8 oz cream cheese, softened

1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled

Water for thinning, if desired

Are there any stores in this area that sell Kraft Roka Blue Cheese in a jar?

By Lorraine from Lewisville, TX

Answers:

Buying Kraft Roka Blue Cheese Spread

Try these 2 sites: hometownfavorites.com or hardtofindgrocer.com good luck. (01/30/2010)

By keeper60

Buying Kraft Roka Blue Cheese Spread

Here's the recipe Kraft gives for their discontinued Roka Blue Cheese Spread:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/kf/recipes/kraft-roka-blue-spread-115083.aspx

I know this might now be quite what you want, bit I hope it's helpful! (01/30/2010)

By straightace

I have a dip recipe that uses Kraft Roka blue cheese spread. I have looked in the grocery stores here and even on the internet and can't find it anywhere. I think they have discontinued it, not sure. If anyone knows where I can buy this product or where to order it on-line please let me know.
Thank you.

By Rita from Weatherford, TX

Answers:

Buying Kraft Roka Blue Cheese Spread

It was discontinued last year according to the link below:
http://recipe-board.kraftfoods.com/topic/Celebrations-Entertaining-General/Roka-Blue-Cheese/1700001501

"As you know, we discontinued our Roka Blue Cheese Spread at the end of last year. We know how special family recipes are during the holidays and we hate to disappoint. We are making sure that our marketing teams know how much you miss this.

In the meantime, our Kraft Kitchen Experts are also looking into a possible substitute in a Cheese Ball recipe. We'll keep you posted."

Thanks, Claire

You could try the product locator, but not sure if anything will come up:
http://productlocator.kraftfoods.com/kraftfoods/productlocator.htm

In that same thread someone posted this recipe:
I made some "Roka Blue" this weekend.

It was a double batch and it was pretty darn close.

• 8oz cream cheese
  • 5oz blue cheese (I used Maytag)
  • 6 Tbsp.water

I let the cheeses come to room temperature. Then I put them in a food processor and pulse until combined. Then I added the 6 Tbsp. of water and ran the processor until smooth.

I used my version of "Roka Blue" in an old family recipe and it was very close to what it should have been.
Good luck.

Here are the list of ingredients from the Kraft label:

Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Nonfat Milk and Milkfat, Cheese Culture, Whey Protein Concentrate, Salt, Stabilizers [Xanthan and/or Carob Bean and/or Guar Gums]), Water, Blue Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes), Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey, contains less than 2% of Salt, Beef Gelatin, Lactic Acid, Carob Bean Gum, Pectin, Guar Gum (11/18/2009)

By Kaelle

Buying Kraft Roka Blue Cheese Spread

I found a substitute for Kraft Roka Blue Cheese. I made my cheeseballs today and they came out better. I used Rondele's Gourmet spreadable blue cheese. (12/23/2009)

By raybeau78