Christmas Craft Ideas for Kindergartners - Categories:

Crafts For KidsCrafts

Christmas Craft Ideas for Kindergartners

Does anyone have any Christmas ideas for kindergarten students to make? I would like it to be something they can use to decorate their house with and as a gift for their Mom. Thanks for any help and if you have pictures that would be wonderful.

Sue G. from Davison, MI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

http://www.craftown.com/xmas.htm

See Kids Christmas Crafts Menu

You want ideas, I have them. I am a preschool teacher. We used toilet paper rolls to paint with glitter paint or you can paint them glitter and make a little flame out of orange or yellow paper so cute.

Make a wreath with cotton balls spray painted green, glue on to paper plates and add a ribbon, so simple.

You can trace their hand print and make several of them and take a paper plate and add their hand prints all around as the wreath and take thumb print dipped in red as berries on the wreath tie off top with ribbon.

Reindeer foot print take their foot paint it in brown paint, then take their hands and paint in yellow and add as antlers. Take the red pom pom and glue to nose bottom of foot and then add googly eyes.

Take a piece of foam or felt and cut like a Christmas tree and add buttons sequins and foam polka dots, and pipe cleaners as garland and pom poms as ornaments.

hint: I use cupcake trays to put all the stuff in out on the table. This holds stuff much easier.

Tea light holders

Baby food jars; you can make a mixture of modge podge yourself with elmers and a little glue then you can rip pieces of colored tissue white green red etc. Then spread the glue on the bottle with a paint brush and let them glue the tissue on and then go over again yourself later with the glue mixture to make sure it adheres then add a tea light inside and a piece of ribbon around top of the jar! you can even have them brush glitter glue on after it dries so it is sparkly.

Snowman out of creamer or coffee mate containers cut a sock as hat tie off with yarn googly eyes add pom poms as snowman buttons and then use sticks in side as arms and glue googly eyes you can cut pieces of fabric or felt for a scarf.

There is a cute snowman I have made with thicker tongue depressor. You can cut a piece of cardboard or heavy paper into a square then paint popsicle sticks white. When dry, glue to the square cut a hat out of black felt and I used large shape buttons as a decorative piece on the hat.

Glue big googly eyes and then cut a piece of orange foam to look like a carrot kids can glue on and use little mini black buttons as the mouth like 4 or 5, and then on back you can hot glue ribbon to hang it. Moms love these. These are cute. I made these at home with my kids they are 9 and 10 and I still hang him out!

Hope these help. I have been doing this stuff for years and have tons of ideas!

while searching for the same thing to do with my 4yr old grandson and to share with his teacher i found this WONDERFUL Packed link that a teacher has created just for pre-school age kids, you can look forever and still not see it all. We just made the snowman out of the 3 egg cartoon idea the other day. Lots to do here so bookmark this site for ideas to use and all through the year.

http://www.thevirtualvine.com/index.html

Very Cute, a real "keeper". Reindeer banners made from the child's foot print & hand prints !!

Materials: White fabric for a small banner, about the size of a garden flag, a cotton sheet, heavy cotton, muslin(?), maybe felt(?). Ask at a fabric store which is best as you will be making the side finished edges w/ pinking shears & don't want it to unravel or fray. Search for sticks from trees to use as the bar at the top. Acrylic paints in brown & red / green; red pom-poms; googley eyes; thin fabric ribbon to form a hanging hook.

Cut the fabric w/ pinking sheers to give it a nice finished edge on the sides & top, about the size of a garden flag. Fold the top over the stick & glue w/ fabric glue to secure it, might have to clothes pin or hold a bit till somewhat dry. (the stick keeps it hanging nice & adds a nice look). This preparation should be done ahead of time.

In class the children dip their foot into a very shallow tray of brown paint, or the teacher can paint the child's foot w/ a brush to avoid too much paint. The child steps on the fabric to make a footprint with the toes at the TOP, heel at the bottom. I don't think it matters which foot is used. (might want to have some extra pieces of fabric for oopsies!).

At the top of the footprint, I think in red or green paint the children put their two handprints. These are the reindeer's antlers.

Allow paint to dry & glue on a red pom-pom nose & appropriate size googly eyes. I'm not sure about drawing on a mouth (?).

With permanent Sharpie marker write the student's name & date on a bottom corner, or write it on a fat piece of masking tape & adhere to the back near one fo the corners (if you are worried about writing w/ permanent marker on the fabric, oops!).

These are so cute & were such a surprise to receive from our children. It was most special because they used their little hands & feet to make a personalized decoration / gift for the holidays. For taking home & giving to mom & dad and for storing them... they can be rolled & placed into a cardboard paper towel tube, even if the're wider than the tube & stick out the top & bottom, it will protect them.

Crafts Crafts For KidsNovember 22, 2008
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 9:29:48 PM on 10.0.1.242 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.