Browsing: Cleaning Hairspray Off Bathroom Surfaces

Hairspray Removal From Tile

I have a lot of hairspray build up on my tiled bathroom floor. How can I get rid of it?

By Sue from Mandan, SD

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Isopropyl alcohol and a gentle scrubbing sponge.

A little alcohol, a little bleach, let it set a second or so and scrub up with a scrubby or a good rag, you can add a little baking soda if you like. Wear gloves, done hair for a while it works pretty good.

Please 'never, ever' mix 'chlorine bleach' with anything other than water, not even mix it with something as simple as vinegar, dish soap or baking soda because mixed with anything other than water can cause serious eye or lung injury or even death. Among other things, chlorine chemical reaction can cause deadly gas fumes and even explosion.

I wouldn't even take the chance of mixing isopropyl/rubbing alcohol with anything other than water either because of it's chemical makeup and it is highly volatile!

Hot water and elbow grease!! Sometimes you just have to break a sweat to get things clean!

Mop the floor with 50 - 50 solution of water and vinegar. Don't worry the smell will go away.

Windex with ammonia seems to work best. Spray it on the build up of hairspray and then wipe it up (or use a floor cleaner that contains ammonia).

windex works better than anything I've found.

Thanks windex works great

August 8, 2010 Flag

How do I get build up hairspray off of tile in the bathroom floor?

Cheryl

Answers:

Hairspray Removal From Tile

Hairspray can be removed from tile by wetting a cloth with rubbing alcohol and rubbing the tiles. (01/02/2005)

By myc2000

Hairspray Removal From Tile

Shampoo works great! (01/02/2005)

Hairspray Removal From Tile

Barkeeper's friend! Check out their website. There isn't much it won't clean up. It is a polisher also. Make it into a paste. Wait a minute, rub area with fingers, Q-tip, or toothbrush and wipe up with a wet paper towel. This product is drying on your hands. Use some lotion for your fingertips. (01/07/2005)

By jjager

Hairspray Removal From Tile

Rubbing alcohol is the best way to remove hairspray on surfaces. For your floors, use a clean cloth and pour a little alcohol on the cloth. Wipe on surface and thoroughly clean with soap and water. If you have pets, clean several times so no residue remains. (01/11/2005)

By Julie

Hairspray Removal From Tile

Baking soda! Use baking soda and a little bit of water, make it into a paste. This is excellent for hairspray removal. In fact, you can mix baking soda in your shampoo to remove hairspray and gel build up in your hair. (My hairdresser told me that years ago, and I recommend it to anyone with hairspray problems). (01/18/2005)

By MLove

Hairspray Removal From Tile

Be careful using baking soda. I did this and it took the glaze off of the tile. Oops! (08/24/2008)

By Jenny

Hairspray Removal From Tile

I have just cleaned my bathroom tiles with shaving foam as advised on this site. I spread the foam on by hand and rubbed with a Duzzit sponge and it has completely cleaned the hair spray build up from my tiles. It's amazing, it really works. (02/08/2009)

By Chris

Hairspray Removal From Tile

I used the alcohol and it removed the glaze, yikes. It also bleached the grout to white when it was beige. Now what? (02/15/2009)

By Holly

Hairspray Removal From Tile

You will find that some say use shampoo and some, liquid dish detergent. Whichever you use is OK, but let it set on the places you want to clean for 15 or 20 minutes. Letting it set is the key. I used the dish detergent, but I suspect shampoo would get the same result. Just let it sit prior to what will be minor scrubbing. (03/23/2009)

By JimmyDW

young man using hairspray in front of mirror
Cleaning Hairspray Off Bathroom Surfaces
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomAugust 8, 2010
Installing Vinyl Tile Over Old Linoleum Tile
hair spray
Uses for Hairspray
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Installing Tile
Installing Tile
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 12:20:46 PM on 10.0.2.191 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.