Fleece Blankets for the Winter

Fleece blankets are great, but costly if the quality is good. Now the fabric stores have their fleece on sale-mostly 50% off. 4 yards will be a good size and will cover the top (only) of a queen bed. We have one on the bed and with a bedspread or other cover on top, it never has fallen off and we don't miss the fact that it doesn't go down the sides. They are good to wrap up in and watch tv also.

Fleece doesn't ravel, so you need only get the store to cut all 4 sides straight. You can cut the sides for fringe or sew designs on if desired. For fringe, just cut 1 inch wide as long a length desired all the way around and that's all.

This is a good gift as well as useful in your home. And if you live in a very cold climate, put 1 or 2 in the car in case of problems that might cause you to be stranded with no working heater.

Wash in cold water, alone or only with other fleece to prevent early pilling and use only powder detergent. Never put an iron on it, it will melt and leave a mess on the iron.

By Jeane in TX

Thank you so much. This sounds easy enough for me to do and just what my family needs.

Patti, Mountlake Terrace WA

Glad it is helpful. I have done this for my husband

and I and our daughter's family. It helps us to keep

the gas bill lower by turning the heat down and

still be warm. Fleece also makes good baby blankets and I forgot to mention that.

Merry Christmas

Jeane

I have a really warm fleece blanket made of 2 layers of fleece. Just cut two pieces to the size you want plus 12 inches. Cut 6 x 1 inch fringe all the way around both pieces. Lay two pieces together and tie top and bottom fringe pieces together. Makes a wonderful blanket or throw.

MY DAUGHTER MADE EVERYONE IN THE FAMILY A BLANKET (INCLUDING THE DOG, WHO LIKES TO SLEEP ON OURS) AND WE JUST LOVE THEM

My mother was in a nursing home, and many of the other patients received no visitors or Xmas gifts. My daughter and I made a dozen lap robes and single bed sized blankets for them last Xmas. A lap robe takes 1 yard of each fabric, and a bed blanket takes 2. We made the double sided, tied blankets. We bought the fabric a little at a time. We found some 1 yard remnants as well. My mother has since passed on, but we plan to do this again in her memory.