Oil Cleansing Method For Facial Cleanser

Instead of spending money on high priced facial cleansers, I now use the Oil Cleansing Method. Take a clean bottle and fill it with 1/3 Castor oil and the remainder olive oil. Shake well to combine.

Cleanse face with a quarter size puddle massaging into face well for several minutes. Then, soak a washcloth in hot water and drape over face to let steam. Do this at least 3 times and after the final steaming, wipe face with the washcloth. Your face should feel soft and smooth and not oily at all.

This is a good remedy for people who suffer from oily skin, ironically. It replenishes your skin's natural oil and sebum production theoretically will slow down. If you suffer from acne, adding a couple of drops of tea tree oil will help clear up pimples. This is gentle enough to use daily.

Source:

By iterpy from Wisconsin

I have been adding olive oil to my moisturizer for years now and am in my late 50s but no one can believe I am that old so I guess it is working. I always had oily skin as well and shied away from anything oily but then moved to Greece, the land of olive oil, and found out how wonderful their oil is!!

Good idea! And I have also discovered the healing properties of tea tree oil!

What a wonderful idea. I had a severe allergic reaction from who knows where and used caster oil out of sheer desperation as it was in my medicine cabinet. I did a wonderful job but now I am considering it again now that you mentioned it from this tip. Thank you for sharing.

I've tried this method. I used grape seed oil with a bit of tea tree oil because I have acne-prone skin. It worked for a couple days and then I started getting HUGE pimples on my face. I think if you have sensitive skin, you should be extra cautious about trying this. I'm not sure specifically which oil (or both) was the problem, but I decided to stop and go back to my regular face-washing regimen immediately.

I did use grape seed oil as an after-shower moisturizer during the winter. I would put some grape seed oil on in the shower and rinse it off. It really help with dry itchy winter skin. The only problem was that it made my shower a mess and my towels started to smell like rancid oil after a while even though I washed them frequently. It's good for you, it's just a mess to deal with!

Thanks for this wonderful idea. I've been looking for a substitute for DHC Olive Cleansing Oil, which I love but is expensive.

I was actually really afraid to try this when I first heard of it. I have combination skin and it is sensitive and actually I have upped my ratio to 50:50. The link explains it far better than I ever could, but I also heard people having the same problem I did. I was told by a naturopathic doctor that the skin was just getting acclimated and purging toxins during the breakout period and one should just forge through and continue using the OCM. However, I completely understand the desire to be pimple-free! This may not work for all and for the ones who do find benefits, yippee! I have liked it very much so far. And I bleach the heck out of my towels using hot, hot, hot water, sheets too.

My skin is super oily and extremely sensitive. I have suffered with acne my entire life; think perpetual teenager. I absolutely cringe at the thought of purposely putting oil on my face. After reading the web article, I'm seriously thinking of trying this, but it still scares me to death.