FleasPets

Frontline Flea Treatment No Longer Effective

Has anyone noticed that Frontline topical flea treatment has stopped working? I have and others I know have. I am starting to use Advantage and maybe will try the Comfortis pill.

By Robyn from Hampton, TN

Frontline was not working for my four dogs either. Two of them ended up with tapeworm! I have heard that the Co. changed hands and the product is not the same as it was. I switched to Comfortis and so far it is working just fine. Only problem is that it does not have any tick prevention so now I spray my yard and shrubs with Ortho Max. Also heard that ticks can come in new mulch that is used around the yard! The Vet told me that if the ticks invade your house, it is worse to get rid of than a flea infestation so beware!

Umm, my vet said to use it every 3 weeks instead of 1 time a month.

I am using Comfortis, too, although it is expensive if you have to get it from the vet. In the US that is the only place to get it but you can order it online from Canada or Australia for way cheaper! I have 2 dogs in the same weight group and buy a dose strong enough for both and cut the pills.

We switched to Frontline last year, and it worked well, but this year, it did not work, and we had to have our dogs dipped for fleas. Glad to know why now! Will go to Advantage next year. We go camping a lot, and will need that protection for fleas as well as ticks.

Frontline is no longer effective for my German Shepherds. The product you need is Advantix use one a month but remember to tell your Veterinarian the animals weight. Open fur on back "Dog or Cat" two inches down from their ears APPLY your current Vet should verify this for you. Good luck