Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Paint Peeling Off Microwave

Does anyone know what causes the paint to begin to peel from the inside of your microwave. I have had 2 to do this. The first one was under the rollers and it managed to collect water under there so that explains that problem but the one I have now is beginning to flake off at the bottom where the back seam fits, I thought it was dirt.

I tried everything to clean it. Then I decided it was rust so I tried CLR. It didn't work but it showed me that it was the paint peeling. How can I prevent this from occurring again? Is there any way to fix this scratched place? Thanks.

Connie from Smithville

By

By Linda [1]12/17/2008

Pico is correct. I have personally seen this many times and it will extend the life of your microwave. It does need to be cleaned first for the paint to adhere correctly.

By Linda (Guest Post)12/17/2008

Does anyone know if leaving the metal, from the peeling paint, exposed is dangerous to a persons health?

By Charlotte (Guest Post)12/02/2008

I have had this to happen to me twice also. I have no clue as to why. I would not want to 'paint' the inside; seems to me it's a lot easier to buy a new one. They are not that expensive.

By LEONA LABINE [40]12/02/2008

I had the same thing happen to me, there is a paint that is made for the inside of microwaves. I telephoned the Sears repair line and they sent me a bottle of paint. (It is the size of a bottle of nail polish, just brush it on) That was a year ago and it is still hasn't rusted again