Paint Peeling Off Microwave

Does anyone know what causes the paint to begin to peel from the inside of your microwave. I have had 2 to do this. The first one was under the rollers and it managed to collect water under there so that explains that problem but the one I have now is beginning to flake off at the bottom where the back seam fits, I thought it was dirt.

I tried everything to clean it. Then I decided it was rust so I tried CLR. It didn't work but it showed me that it was the paint peeling. How can I prevent this from occurring again? Is there any way to fix this scratched place? Thanks.

Connie from Smithville

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I had the same thing happen to me, there is a paint that is made for the inside of microwaves. I telephoned the Sears repair line and they sent me a bottle of paint. (It is the size of a bottle of nail polish, just brush it on) That was a year ago and it is still hasn't rusted again

I have had this to happen to me twice also. I have no clue as to why. I would not want to 'paint' the inside; seems to me it's a lot easier to buy a new one. They are not that expensive.

Does anyone know if leaving the metal, from the peeling paint, exposed is dangerous to a persons health?

Pico is correct. I have personally seen this many times and it will extend the life of your microwave. It does need to be cleaned first for the paint to adhere correctly.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Inside a Microwave
Repairing Paint Inside a Microwave
Home and Garden Repair Appliances MicrowaveNovember 28, 2008
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Slice of cantaloupe with other cantaloupes in the background.
Peeling and Slicing Melon
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 13, 2016 at 1:53:18 PM on 10.0.1.112 in 768 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.